Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those going to the World Cup

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
:clap2: The Fat Boy (Fay Boy Slim) is playing an hour after England V Algeria at Cape Town Convention Centre!!!!!!!!! Just got me and my mates tickets,any other Brighton fans going and fancy this too get in touch
England game followed my Fat Boy:clap:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Cant wait,Im bored of the negatives/warnings etc...know 3 people who have been to CT over the last 6 months and they all say its an incredible city!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Cant wait,Im bored of the negatives/warnings etc...know 3 people who have been to CT over the last 6 months and they all say its an incredible city!

Indeed, have been there 4 times for a total of about 8 weeks. Can't get enough of the place. Yeah there will be people out to scam you out of some cash (as in any major city worldwide) but as long as you're sensible you'll have a phenomenal time. The mountain, the beaches, the people, the wildlife, the waterfront.... the whole place just has a buzz that has got me well and truly hooked. And I've not seen one bit of trouble in those 8 weeks.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Fat Boy Slim seems to do this a lot, goes out to summer footie tournaments and plays either the night before or straight after the England games. I'm sure he played before the Argentina game in Japan and belsize seagull and I saw him play in Lisbon the night before Eng v Croatia in 2004. Was excellent, he came on wearing a Portugal shirt but I threw my Albion top up to him and he put that on instead.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Not if you don't like Fat Boy Slim it's not.

There aren't many bands I'd pay £36 to see over here. Can't imagine there will be many locals there at that price.

yeah possibly not many locals but they have sold 6,000 so far so pretty decent! imagine he may attract more than dizzie rascal.i think the price is alright tbh,big name DJs usually attract pricey tickets.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
yeah possibly not many locals but they have sold 6,000 so far so pretty decent! imagine he may attract more than dizzie rascal.i think the price is alright tbh,big name DJs usually attract pricey tickets.

Blimey 6k! Fair play, how big is the venue?

At £36 a pop that'll more than cover Mr Cook's trip.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Blimey 6k! Fair play, how big is the venue?

At £36 a pop that'll more than cover Mr Cook's trip.

not sure of the centres actual capacity but it says he will perform to 10,000 people! I suppose Cape Town will be the busiest city during the WC and lots of brits/europeans will probs be a fan of his! My brighton shirt will be hoisted into the air thats for sure!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
FBS ain't stupid, earns a fair whack from doing it and gets himself well looked after by the English FA too....

Not going out until 21st June and will only be in Port Elizabeth & Jo'burg, but hope you enjoy it

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Fatboy Slim will also be playing a gig on the 22nd in Port Elizabeth, Plettenberg Bay on the 20th and Durban on the 16th. Should be amazing!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fatboy Slim will also be playing a gig on the 22nd in Port Elizabeth, Plettenberg Bay on the 20th and Durban on the 16th. Should be amazing!

got details? cant find it listed anywhere

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

you sure? on his website i saw something about a Jo-Burg gig but apart from that and Cape Town i dont think so!

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
i'm going out with Norm and really looking forward to it! All the dates are on his myspace site as well as the European Football Weekends website! I will be writing a blog for EFW site. Norm is doing 6 gigs in total-I went to Euro 2004 with him as well & remember the night quoted above! See u all in Cape Town! Come on England

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i'm going out with Norm and really looking forward to it! All the dates are on his myspace site as well as the European Football Weekends website! I will be writing a blog for EFW site. Norm is doing 6 gigs in total-I went to Euro 2004 with him as well & remember the night quoted above! See u all in Cape Town! Come on England

Is he doing anything in Port Elizabeth like the EWF site says?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here