Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For F**ks sake stop moaning about England!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Right, the way I see it is this:

- We are not one of the best teams in Euro 2004 but have an outside chance of winning it if we all perform well.
- We did not expect to beat France so were surely relying on the other two games anyway so stop f***ing moaning about losing to them.
- Sven can do nothing right. We nearly beat the best team in the world and even then we lose only our 2nd competitive match under Sven. With Sven in charge with have beaten Germany 5v1 in Munich and Argentina 1v0 in the World Cup, two of our best result in recent history. Give the man a break.
- We are still very much in the competition and at least we did not lose Greece like Portugal did.
- I am not a fan of Heskey but he bring him on for Rooney was justified because Rooney was out on his feet and we needed someone who was capable of holding the ball up and releaving our defence. Heskey did ok when he came on but gave away one dubious free kick.
- What did Sven have to do with Zidane scoring a world class free kick, Beckham missing a penalty, the ref not sending Silvestre off and Gerrard cocking up at the end? Nothing. Had they not happened then we would all have been toasting Sven's tactical brilliance.
- We were unlucky, Get over it and get behing the team because it is very far from over.

Sorry for the rant but its been building up all day.

May 29, 2004
Lancing
Well said that man. Everyone has a an opinion of the game except some people won't let some have theirs cos they don't agree. Onwards and upwards to Thursday and kick ass against the Swiss.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Absolutely spot on Richie.

The hysteria that greeted our very narrow defeat to a team that everyone regards as the best in the world has been quite ridiculous. Three mistakes does not immediately turn the team into a shambles.

Thursday's game now assumes greater significance but at this level, they're all big games.

I am sure that we will dispose of Switzerland and Croatia and then show everyone that we CAN win the tournament.

COME ON ENGLAND

:clap2:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Well said Richie, a post of sense amongst the shambles of abuse that has been floating around for the last few days.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
Well said Richie, a post of sense amongst the shambles of abuse that has been floating around for the last few days.
*Ahem!* There's been quite a few of us saying the same thing! I reckon yesterday NSC was split about 70-30 in favor of those who think England did ok, it's just that (as usual) it's the antis who make the most noise.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
:clap: :clap: :clap:
GWARN the ENG-ER-LAND

I can't believe some of the toy throwing stories flying about re: losing that way. If was a 'freak' loss. That NEVER happens (and isn't supposed to. Just means we have a slightly harder route but I'm very optimistic cos I thought we were SUPERB on sunday!!!

Poor ol' Sven, even if we won people would still want him out :D :dunce:

GWARN the england. :clap: richie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
France are not the best team in the World, they didn't qualify from their World Cup group remember? The best in Europe - quite probably.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think it was understandable top feel angry and frustrated post match.

But at the moment that result still doesn’t have any immediate consequences.

So it is good to some people are still staying positive. Bring on Switzerland.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Icy Gull said:
France are not the best team in the World, they didn't qualify from their World Cup group remember? The best in Europe - quite probably.

Who is better? Brazil? Argentina? I would say France are better then all of them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I missed all the ranting but apparantly Scholes got a lot of stick. Very suprised by that because I thought the whole team was excellent and couldn't have performed much better. We proved we are one of the best teams in Euro 2004 by playing very well against them though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here