Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all you moaners which one of these two would you want as manager?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We are lucky to have him.

Attachments

• Gus.jpg
    Gus.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 155

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As far as I am aware Gus has only said he like to manage Uruguay, Espanyol, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Leeds and Arsenal so he might have to move on soon if he wants to be able to spend a bit of time at each of them :jester:

Appleton seems to have got his team to completely nullify us last night, and he's only been ther 5 minutes, so he's not as shit as some on here would have you believe or are we really that easy to close down and nullify?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As far as I am aware Gus has only said he like to manage Uruguay, Espanyol, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Leeds and Arsenal so he might have to move on soon if he wants to be able to spend a bit of time at each of them :jester:

Appleton seems to have got his team to completely nullify us last night so he's not as shit as some on here would have you beleive or are we really that easy to close down and nullify?

We have seen it time and time again this season. Once teams work us out we are treading water, we seem to have no way of increasing the tempo of our game and taking the fight to the opposition.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I didn't know that if Gus leaves we have to have Appleton as our next manager?
I don't think you can categorise everyone that has concerns about our manager a moaner. I am fed up of him tinkering with the team/formation, does that make me a moaner?
When I'm watching Brighton I support them 100%. I just don't understand some of his team selections, for instance last night starting with Vicente upfront. Don't tar us all with the same brush

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think you can categorise everyone that has concerns about our manager a moaner. I am fed up of him tinkering with the team/formation, does that make me a moaner?
When I'm watching Brighton I support them 100%. I just don't understand some of his team selections, for instance last night starting with Vicente upfront. Don't tar us all with the same brush

Gus knows the players, he sees them every day. If he decides that Vicente needed match time for the longer benefit of the team then that's fine with me.

We are seventh in the table. Where do you expect us to be? Top?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If he does not change the team he is stubborn

If he changes the team he is a tinkerer.

Anything else to add?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Gus knows the players, he sees them every day. If he decides that Vicente needed match time for the longer benefit of the team then that's fine with me.

So Gus never makes a mistake in your mind as he sees the players everyday? I just don't get that argument. I suggest we agree to disagree

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So Gus never makes a mistake in your mind as he sees the players everyday? I just don't get that argument. I suggest we agree to disagree

I think he made a mistake in his team tactics for the match yes. And I said it when I saw the team. But some people take that to mean he is a bad manager. I don't.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Immutable Law No.3 of NSC: Moaning about being moaned at for being a moaner = Moaning

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

With a little bit of luck and a more adventurous team selection for home games...we could have been close.

I don't think just saying "look where we are" makes criticism of some things Gus has done invalid. There seems to be a "shutup we have come a long way, what do you expect?" attitude from some on here. Questioning some things that Gus has done is not the same as saying he's not good enough is it?

I am loving following the Albion these days and we have indeed come a long long way in a short time but we have shot ourselves in the foot by trying to defend one goal leads when we should have killed games off. Some of it is down to shocking finishing, great goal keeping but also questionable tactics on some occasions. Can we not say that then?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With a little bit of luck and a more adventurous team selection for home games...we could have been close.

I don't think just saying "look where we are" makes criticism of some things Gus has done invalid. There seems to be a "shutup we have come a long way, what do you expect?" attitude from some on here. Questioning some things that Gus has done is not the same as saying he's not good enough is it?

I am loving following the Albion these days and we have indeed come a long long way in a short time but we have shot ourselves in the foot by trying to defend one goal leads when we should have killed games off. Some of it is down to shocking finishing, great goal keeping but also questionable tactics on some occasions. Can we not say that then?

I think there is a difference between questioning his tactics in certain games (which I do myself) and saying he isn't up to the job which is what I have heard from certain people.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We have seen it time and time again this season. Once teams work us out we are treading water, we seem to have no way of increasing the tempo of our game and taking the fight to the opposition.

We've done awfully well to only lose six games then. And come back from two goals down. And be 7th.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Appleton seems to have got his team to completely nullify us last night, and he's only been ther 5 minutes, so he's not as shit as some on here would have you believe or are we really that easy to close down and nullify?

Are you serious with this comment?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We've done awfully well to only lose six games then. And come back from two goals down. And be 7th.

But we have drawn 12, nearly half of our games to date. My point still stands. We go in front and get pegged back far too often from a winning position. We are unable to go from a goal behind to win games. We just do not have the attacking nous of a side that can get into the top 6 and stay there. Maybe Ulloa is the key. Time will tell. But yes, I agree 7th is a decent position to be in.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I think there is a difference between questioning his tactics in certain games (which I do myself) and saying he isn't up to the job which is what I have heard from certain people.

Who are these certain people who don't think he is up to the job? I know a lot of Albion fans and can't name one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here