Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all who don't already know, The Strokes are the funking dogs!!!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Education across the nation at the trainstation. Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

For all that give a flying f***, The Strokes appear 5 times on my snowboarding mix ready for the slopes! And just for Martinlope Izzo is thrown in too!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
But hes shagging his sister and shes ugly :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes they are Toby, yes they are.

Room on Fire is f***ing ace.

I didn't think their second album was going to be all that but it's class.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Chappers just for you:

1. Whatever happend? - The Strokes
2. 12:51 - The Strokes
3. The end has no end - The Strokes
4. It's my life - No doubt
5. Hey ya - Outkast (andree 300)
6. Church - Outkast (big boi)
7. Unhappy - Outkast (big boi) ......NB this will be my snowboarding anthem this year
8. Dreaming of you - The Coral
9. The seed (2.0) - The Roots
10. Sacrifice - The Roots
11. Wish you were here - Incubus
12. Are you in? - Incubus
13. Remember his name - Jurassic 5
14. What's golden - Jurassic 5
15. Thin line - Jurassic 5
16. Izzo (H.O.V.A.) - Jay-Z
17. Visions - Ugly Duckling
18. Eye Know - De La Soul
19. Reptila - The Strokes
20. Meet me in the bathroom - The Strokes

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Room On Fire was a bit bland, but it kind of grows on you.

Haven't heard their other album but would give it a go.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Where you going snowboarding VR ? I just got back from Meribel last week. It dumped halfway through the week and there is some great snow around at the mo.

I f***ing LOVE the Strokes, they are without doubt my favourite band at the moment.

Saw them at Ally Pally last year, absoulte genius, what a night.

No tracks from 'Is This it' though Tobes? Should sort that out dude.

'The end has no end' is my favourite Strokes track ever. The riff in that tune is SO f***ing GOOD.

"Its not the secrets of the government thats keeping you down, oh its the other way round now whats that sound, alright..."

SO GOOD.:clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not a bad selection there tobias. I recently put together a cd of my own. Listing was as follows...

Hypnotize - Biggie
Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest feat Busta and Charlie Brown
Change Clothes - Jay Z
50/50 - LEMAR
Nutin - NORE
My Block - Scarface
So Fresh, So Clean - Outkast
Hit em Up - Tupac
Ugly - Bubba Sparxx
Set you Free - N Trance
I'm Raving - Shut Up and Dance
Ghost Town - The Specials (The Streets remix is the shiznit)
Pass it on - The Coral
12:51 - The Strokes
The Sweater Song - Weezer
Bandages - Hot Hot Heat

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The strokes f***ing rock and Room on fire is f***ing brilliant. Is this it is slightly better though if you ask me.

I love the white stripes though f***ing amazing, goign to see them at Brixton Academy at the end of the month and they will be amazing.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
don't have their first album but will have to do something about that whe I get back.

Wish I had an mp3 player cos then I could just download them all and I'm sure Wayne Wonder would find his way onto the list for a boogie woogie at 1700m!

I'm off to Sauze d'Oulx where it's been raining!!!! but it's snowing today so hopefully it'll be good. Theres 15 of us, 11 of whom are beginners and the lower slopes are hard and crusty. They're gonna have sore bums alright! HAha

MAX - didn't you go to Meribel? or was it Mayerhoffen....somewhere beginning with M wunnit

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
hahaha Lemar 50/50 was close on my list :lolol:

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
It rained a bit low down in Meribel but there was snowing higher up the the mountain. Stay High and you should be OK and hope for a cold snap. Good luck!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I'm listening to this whole disk while I'm at work, the day goes so much quicker! Been rumbled about 8 times tho but who gives a f*** snowboarding in a couple of days yey!

TOBES you binner, I cant belive you havent got the first album. Sort it out you muggins.

Im also offended that niether Wayne Wonder or the quite magnificent Kevin Lyttle tune 'Turn me On' isnt in your playlist.

I dance to the buses when that plays. I wiggle, they love it, everyones a f***ing WINNER.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Check out Franz Ferdinand, reckoned to be the UK's Strokes and with an album due soon...

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
jonnyboylennon said:
TOBES you binner, I cant belive you havent got the first album. Sort it out you muggins.

Im also offended that niether Wayne Wonder or the quite magnificent Kevin Lyttle tune 'Turn me On' isnt in your playlist.

I dance to the buses when that plays. I wiggle, they love it, everyones a f***ing WINNER.

Got on the case at lunch time £5.99 from Rounders - can't go to far wrong! "someday" will be squeezing it's way into my top 20 for hol.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Snowboarding to your fave music is amazing, everytime you hear they great bass solo or thumping drums you ride hard and fast and the adrenaline pumps up to the max....wonderful stuff!

of course I had punk on my walkman punk:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
bhafc99 said:
Check out Franz Ferdinand, reckoned to be the UK's Strokes and with an album due soon...

Went to see Franz Ferdinand at lunchtime earlier this week. You can download their songs from a few sources. They are like the Strokes, but funkier. Worth a listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here