Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers who have disgraced themselves abroad

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was just thinking in light of our championship winning fussball-meisters being in Spain this week....footballers of this country have a long and illustrious history of getting themselves in STRIFE while on team bonding trips, European away games or just on their summer holidays.

Off the top of my head:

-Craig Bellamy (twatted a team mate with a golf club at La Manga(?))

-Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Kieron Dyer- videoed themselves having sex with a few drunken girls on holiday, were for some reason surprised when the video ended up on the internet :facepalm:

-Chris Zebroski- smashed a glass jug over his club captain's (Paul Wotton) head while on pre-season tour in Switzerland or Austria, leaving him with 100+ stitches

-Dennis Wise- punched a sleeping team mate in the face while on tour in Finland, fracturing the his jaw.

And I'm sure there is something in the Albion's history involving Graham Moseley and a plate glass window??

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
-The rape story involving Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and Keith Gillespie in Spain. They were cleared of all charges though. Turned out they were German prostitutes I think but big news at the time in 2004. I remember someone starting singing "Dickov, Dick in!" to the tune of Pompey chimes at a match soon after. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did Joey Barton stub that cigar out in some kids eye when they were abroad ?

[edit] no, that was an Xmas party.

He was sent home from a pre-season tour of Thailand though, for assaulting a 15 year old Everton fan. Good effort.

-The rape story involving Paul Dickov, Frank Sinclair and Keith Gillespie in Spain. They were cleared of all charges though. Turned out they were German prostitutes I think but big news at the time in 2004. I remember someone starting singing "Dickov, Dick in!" to the tune of Pompey chimes at a match soon after. :lolol:

What I found most amusing(!?) about that tale was it transpired there was no such Spanish law as rape, instead they were charged with "sexual aggression". Wtf? :lol: Made me think of this lass I took back to mine once and we slapped each other about a bit while we were getting down - should we just hand ourselves in?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
gazza2reu_1861535i.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Roy “Mick, you're a liar... you're a f***ing wanker. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f***ing wanker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your bollocks” Keane.

Mr Clough also stuck the wayward young Roy on a plane home after he got all potty-mouthed in a hotel bar during a Forest pre-season training camp (in Portugal?).

Good ol' Keano. What a charmer.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Peter Beagrie rode a motorcycle back to his team hotel at night while on a training camp/piss-up with Everton.

Couldn't get anyone to open the hotel so he rode the bike through the hotel's glass door - 50 stitches and it was the wrong hotel...

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4091418 said:
What I found most amusing(!?) about that tale was it transpired there was no such Spanish law as rape, instead they were charged with "sexual aggression". Wtf? :lol: Made me think of this lass I took back to mine once and we slapped each other about a bit while we were getting down - should we just hand ourselves in?

and then bloody leicester recalled trevor benjamin from his loan spell in case of a lengthy incarceration of their top stars. typical, as he was firing!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seem to remember Stan Collymore wazzing off a fire extinguisher in a foreign hotel somewhere.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
didn't Stan Collymore set a fire extinguisher off once? In a separate Leicester/La Manga instance of "fun"?

edit - If I didn't add that second line I'd have got that in first

City made front-page news everywhere when they were sent home in disgrace from the Spanish resort of La Manga after Collymore let off a fire extinguisher in a hotel bar back in February 2000.

He reflected on his City days as the current Leicester side bid to clinch the League One title tomorrow with a win at Southend, another of Collymore's former clubs.

He said: "Signing for Martin O'Neill at Leicester was great because he was the best manager I played under.

"Martin had stressed to me, though, when I arrived that I needed to keep my nose clean.

"I could not quite believe that within a week or two I found myself in the middle of one of the biggest footballing news stories and we were even the first item on News at Ten.

"The events have been written into folklore but, at the time, it seemed like nothing more than a light-hearted joke to let off the extinguisher."

ah, the year 2000, when footballers biggest trouble-maker was setting off a fire-extinquisher

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Peter Beagrie rode a motorcycle back to his team hotel at night while on a training camp/piss-up with Everton.

Couldn't get anyone to open the hotel so he rode the bike through the hotel's glass door - 50 stitches and it was the wrong hotel...

Thats bloody funny

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thats bloody funny

On a different sport, my favourite is the Welsh rugby player who got absolutely twatted at the Vale of Glamorgan hotel after a Six Nations game, got a bit peckish, jumped in a golf buggy & drove off down the M4 in it to try & find a food outlet, where he was nicked by the Heddlu at about 4am and charged with drink driving. Lost his licence too.

Naughty, naughty....but still quite funny really. Probably have been a very different public reaction if a footballer had done the same?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Didn't Stan Collymore beat up Ulrika in a French bar full of England fans during France 98?

Colin Kazim-Richards was binned by Fernebache for being involved in a mass orgy alongside Roberto Carlos & a couple of other Brazilian players

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
David Beckham and his 'incident' - although I am not sure if that was a disgrace. Loos vs Posh - I know who I would pick.

Colin Kazim-Richards was binned by Fernebache for being involved in a mass orgy alongside Roberto Carlos & a couple of other Brazilian players

No. He is a saint. He doesn't drink. He is misunderstood. The press have it in for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't Stan Collymore beat up Ulrika in a French bar full of England fans during France 98?

Gave her a slap I believe.

Some years later on his TalkSport phone-in during a subsequent World Cup where England were due to meet Sweden, a fan rang up and said he reckoned Sven should get Stan in the dressing room to give the players a team-talk.

"Whys that mate ?"
"Cos you know a thing or two about beating Swedes don't ya ?"
"Yeah yeah whatever. Now, we've got Neil on from Ipswich, Neil whats your point ?"

:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A well known international playing for a top Prem team with a ladyboy during a tour of the Far East a couple of summers ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here