Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2012

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
Do any of you play it? If so, do you know of a tactic that works with Brighton? I keep having good starts but it just goes downhill after 3 games or so.

Thanks.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I went all out attack, i had the best scoring record in the league but 4th worst defensive record. I finished 6th and won the playoffs, i'm now 30 games into the prem and i'm 12th and won the carling cup, i'm playing a counter attacking tactic:)

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
I went all out attack, i had the best scoring record in the league but 4th worst defensive record. I finished 6th and won the playoffs, i'm now 30 games into the prem and i'm 12th and won the carling cup, i'm playing a counter attacking tactic:)

What instructions do you use for your championship one?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
halfway in the 2016 - 17 season finished 8th the year before and 6th before that currently 5th in this season so im guessing the tactic im using is good and not over powerful, but starting to bring in some very good players now gor victor valdez on a free ! anderson 6 mil cahill 8 mil and a few overs so should end up high this season maybe a top 4 !!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Ankergren
Calderon - Greer - Dunk - Painter
Bridcutt
Harley - Vicente
Buckley/LuaLua -------------- Noone
Mackail-Smith

With a controlling tempo, served me pretty well!

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
halfway in the 2016 - 17 season finished 8th the year before and 6th before that currently 5th in this season so im guessing the tactic im using is good and not over powerful, but starting to bring in some very good players now gor victor valdez on a free ! anderson 6 mil cahill 8 mil and a few overs so should end up high this season maybe a top 4 !!!!

What type of instructions do you use mate?

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
Always look at NSC but never signed up, but had to for FM2012 talk. Always used people on here to find decent players ... the reason i bought Mouche so i thought i'll try return the favoour.

Won championship in my first season on the last game of the season.
I signed:
Hildebrand on a free, was brilliant.
Mouche for 250k
Danny Rose on season long loan and was a top player.
Also got Andrew Davies for 1million.
Gutted... i missed out on LuaLua for the 1million clause...as he was top class but got injured so wouldn't pass medical so i lost out on him.

Top scorer was Mouche with 19 goals and 11 assists.
Mackail-Smith was also in the first team til Jan but was average strangely Barnes was better so he was in the first team from Jan
CMS got 8 goals and Barnes got 10
Vicente was Brilliant with 16 goals.

Now in my first season in the prem and currently 11th after a run of bad form 3draws and 2 defeats in the last 5
Little secret for transfers... Go to the SPL as the players are cheap even the really good ones!

In:
Ritchie De Laet 625k - been really good as can play all across the back four
John Fleck from Rangers 3.5Million ( going to try get Steven Davis start of the next season)
Paddy McCourt from Celtic 2million
Johnny Russell from Dundee 575k Top scorer so far
Gregg Wydle from Rangers for 500k
Ross Perry from Rangers 70k
Kyle Naughton 1.5million from tottenham and Whittaker from Rangers 1.4 million - both have been outstanding
Joe Lewis on a free - first team keeper
Kyle Bartley 3m from Arsenal - Been top so far
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham for 2.5 million (Highly Reccomend this as he becomes amazing, dont know how i got for 2.5 because they wanted 12.5 at first then accepted a 2.5 bid)
Adel Tarrabt from QPR 3.8Million
Emmanuel Thomas Ipswich for 1.2 Million (Bargain)

I did kind of sign half of the Rangers team but take advantage of the cheap players due to the teams economic status.

Ended my second season finished comfortably in 12th.
Now 3rd season in the prem

New signings so far... Bobby Zamora! 3m + extras
Yaya Sonogo from Man city for 5m + extras
Micheal Bradley on a free, highly reccomend this signing, didnt want to talk at first then when he finally left his club he did and wanted only 20k a week.

First Team
GK - Lewes Sub Gk Hildebraind
LB - Kyle Naughton
CB - Andrew Davies, Kyle Bartley, (Dunk And Perry both young and poteintal, Still got Greer)
RB -Steven Whittaker (Richard De Laet - Cover, plays LB,RB and CB)
LM - Gregg Wydle (Vincente Cover)
CM-Emmanuel-Thomas/Micheal Bradley (defensive) Adel Tarabbt or John Fleck (Attacking)
RM- Nathan Redmond/ Paddy McCourt (Buckley 3rd 2.5 stars still got poteintal for 3.5
FWD's- Zamora! Sanogo (Mouche Barnes Russell Bench)

Trouble is i think i got a top team, better than anyone's ive seen on here to date (dont mean to brag) got 12th last season and only bought better plays but i cant hack it 5 games and 5 loses in the league bottom with 0.

Just signed Petr Cech on a free but cant register him until Jan

Any reason why?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Always look at NSC but never signed up, but had to for FM2012 talk. Always used people on here to find decent players ... the reason i bought Mouche so i thought i'll try return the favoour.

Won championship in my first season on the last game of the season.
I signed:
Hildebrand on a free, was brilliant.
Mouche for 250k
Danny Rose on season long loan and was a top player.
Also got Andrew Davies for 1million.
Gutted... i missed out on LuaLua for the 1million clause...as he was top class but got injured so wouldn't pass medical so i lost out on him.

Top scorer was Mouche with 19 goals and 11 assists.
Mackail-Smith was also in the first team til Jan but was average strangely Barnes was better so he was in the first team from Jan
CMS got 8 goals and Barnes got 10
Vicente was Brilliant with 16 goals.

Now in my first season in the prem and currently 11th after a run of bad form 3draws and 2 defeats in the last 5
Little secret for transfers... Go to the SPL as the players are cheap even the really good ones!

In:
Ritchie De Laet 625k - been really good as can play all across the back four
John Fleck from Rangers 3.5Million ( going to try get Steven Davis start of the next season)
Paddy McCourt from Celtic 2million
Johnny Russell from Dundee 575k Top scorer so far
Gregg Wydle from Rangers for 500k
Ross Perry from Rangers 70k
Kyle Naughton 1.5million from tottenham and Whittaker from Rangers 1.4 million - both have been outstanding
Joe Lewis on a free - first team keeper
Kyle Bartley 3m from Arsenal - Been top so far
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham for 2.5 million (Highly Reccomend this as he becomes amazing, dont know how i got for 2.5 because they wanted 12.5 at first then accepted a 2.5 bid)
Adel Tarrabt from QPR 3.8Million
Emmanuel Thomas Ipswich for 1.2 Million (Bargain)

I did kind of sign half of the Rangers team but take advantage of the cheap players due to the teams economic status.

Ended my second season finished comfortably in 12th.
Now 3rd season in the prem

New signings so far... Bobby Zamora! 3m + extras
Yaya Sonogo from Man city for 5m + extras
Micheal Bradley on a free, highly reccomend this signing, didnt want to talk at first then when he finally left his club he did and wanted only 20k a week.

First Team
GK - Lewes Sub Gk Hildebraind
LB - Kyle Naughton
CB - Andrew Davies, Kyle Bartley, (Dunk And Perry both young and poteintal, Still got Greer)
RB -Steven Whittaker (Richard De Laet - Cover, plays LB,RB and CB)
LM - Gregg Wydle (Vincente Cover)
CM-Emmanuel-Thomas/Micheal Bradley (defensive) Adel Tarabbt or John Fleck (Attacking)
RM- Nathan Redmond/ Paddy McCourt (Buckley 3rd 2.5 stars still got poteintal for 3.5
FWD's- Zamora! Sanogo (Mouche Barnes Russell Bench)

Trouble is i think i got a top team, better than anyone's ive seen on here to date (dont mean to brag) got 12th last season and only bought better plays but i cant hack it 5 games and 5 loses in the league bottom with 0.

Just signed Petr Cech on a free but cant register him until Jan

Any reason why?

if you were outside of a transfer window you missed out on the registration window therefore cant register him in the squad of 25

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
if you were outside of a transfer window you missed out on the registration window therefore cant register him in the squad of 25

I knew that i want advice on how to turn the 5 loses out of 5 in the league and being bottom of the prem even though last season it worked so well.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
4-2-4 if you're at home, 4-2-3-1 if you're away or playing a better team. 'control' game with 'fluid' formation 'short passing', 'push up', 'wide', just finished 1st season as championship winners, CMS scored 31 goals most up on his own. Brought in a keeper, full backs and midfielders plus couple of loanees i didnt really need. Parnaby at rb the only one worth mentioning. bring on the prem.

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Amos
Cha Du-Ri ( £25k from celtic) - Leon Bennett (£200k from Norwish) - Greer - Jean-Alian Franchome (signed in first season for £200k now got clubs offering £2mil plus for him)
Bridcutt
Vicente - Jordi Gomez (Signed from wigan for cheap)
Buckley Noone
CMS

Bench
Stech (Free from West Ham)
Gordon (Free from chelsea LB)
Josh Wright (Free transfer at start of game CM)
Hoskins
Aliaj (Scout Germany 17 year old on free transfer released by Bayern, very good young player right winger or striker)

CMS and Hoskins score plenty between them. Buckley, Vicente and Gomez also double figures. Leon Bennett scores plenty from corners (12 in first season)
Finished 12th,11th and now 3rd in my 3rd season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just started a new season with Brighton- made a few signings and my formation is working a treat at the moment-

In:

Jlloyd Samuel- Free
Pablo Mouche- Boca Juniors- £150k
Michael O'Connor- Scunthorpe- £1.3m
Ben Amos- Man United- Loan
Glenn Loovens- Celtic- £350k
John-Joe O'Toole- Colchester- £450k

Out-
Brezovan- Cardiff- £100k
Dicker- Sheff Weds- £100k
Barnes- Peterborough- £200k + clauses
Poke- Ipswich- £65k
Jamie Smith- AFC Wimbledon- £10k
Woodley, Redwood, Cook and Simmonds all out on loan.

First 11 is 4-3-3:

------------------Amos------------------------
----Samuel----Greer----Loovens----Calderon--
--------O'Connor--Bridcutt--Vicente-------
---Noone-----------------------------Buckley---
-------------------CMS------------------------
Subs: O'Toole, Mouche, Painter, LuaLua, Harley

Playing O'Connor as Ball winning midfielder, Bridcutt as defensive CM and Vicente as attacking playmaker, with Noone and Buckley as Wingers and CMS as a target man playing in to feet.
Playing with a high defensive line, very wide and very quick, with an attacking outlook, short passing, aggressive tackling and man-marking, along with Vicente as playmaker and CMS as target-man

Mouche and Loovens are absolutely class, and pretty cheap- you can get the both of them for £500k.

Last edited:

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
3 points off top spot, rotated every position soo far maybe that's why I'm not top:p starting 11.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
have a look on here

Tactics - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

I dowload might and magic but set mentality to attacking from counter and had the wingers attacking and one of the cm working out good

Used and adapted zero seas wonderland from her. Beaten Inter and AC Milan both 4-0 away on my march through the Europa league (won the league cup last season and finished 10th. Got beaten by city 5-0 a few games ago so it is a rollercoaster ride..... I am 8th at the moment in the Eurpoa league and FA cup semis.

Got Johnathan Mensah inn the heart of defence with Ritchie De Laat and Juan Albin was a bargin on the left wing.

It has been a hard road with Brighton, we seem to crumble after a bad result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here