• LMA 2007 - PS2

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Get a life!

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
With a Gritt birthday on the near horizon, it's time I upgraded my football management game, but which should I choose?

I've long been a fan of Championship Manager, so do I take the next one in the sequence? I'm sure I read on here somewhere about the writers leaving Eidos, or something, and someone was saying the next few wont be as good.

Football Manager 2007. Do I try something new, and give this one a go. What's it like, does it have anything better than the Champ game, running faster would be nice.

LMA 2007 - or do I dispense with the PC gaming, and get my PS2 working it's butt off with this one? I've always been reluctant as I think I'd find little things annoying playing a game like this on the PS2, such as not having a keyboard. Typing in names for player search etc, little things like that, trying to select the letters (if that's how they do it) on the PS2 always pissing me off in no time.

What do you guys think, what's the best game out there?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Football Manager, The only PC game that I really got addicted to. I may not buy this one as I value my social life too much.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This one...

football_manager.jpg

Last edited:

crosbysleftear

Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Football Manager is Championship Manager with a differant name.

CM is now made in house by Eidos but SI who used to write it took all the data and now have their game published by SEGA. It's SI who should have your loyalty as they are the original and still the best.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's all sounding pretty conclusive, that Football Manager 2007 is the one ...... so, any hot tips for players to buy in my first season as the Albion, always a tough one, as I'm bound to have absolutely no money whatsoever.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Gritt23 said:
any hot tips for players to buy in my first season as the Albion, always a tough one, as I'm bound to have absolutely no money whatsoever.

i played the demo for a bit and was doing quite well with albion (1st after 14 games), i brought:

marcus stewart for £1k (bargain)
emiliano vecchio for £20k from Central (argentina)
ryan france for £22k from hull
andres vasquez for £22k from IFK Goteborg
lasse staw for £20k from fredrikstad
dusan djuric from halmstad (free-contract expiry)

i also got like £60k for el-abd who's rated shit, hope some of these guys are good on the real game- havnt played it yet.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
why dont you download the FM2007 demo from the dugout.net website, and try before you buy !!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wanderer said:
why dont you download the FM2007 demo from the dugout.net website, and try before you buy !!

Not got time, people are hassling me for birthday ideas NOW.

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
got FM2007 through the post yesterday - I'm sooo tired today - it runs like a wet dream (well I am using my 4 core AMD PC for it though :yawn: )

Went Leeds as I don't care if I feck them up, I get really annoyed when I get Brighton Relegated :down:

Steve McGlinchey is a good winger/striker - young and free take a chance :D

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
on the new game oscar ustari is actually :drool: , got to be the best gk on the game, costs alot to get him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here