Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - Direct link for our game against Leeds

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well it was a penalty, that solves that one.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
it makes a change to be shown quite early on, thou we had to play scummy leeds to get there, and deffo a penalty

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Great celebration by Muzza. Why were the leeds fans saying it was outside the box? That was deffo a pen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That was a STONE WALL sending off for Virgo. How can anyone think it wasn't ?.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
Looked like a penalty to me. Poor throw out and bad challenge. Can't complain at the sending off. Surely Brezovan should be looking for a long kick upfield to relieve a bit of pressure with 10 mins to go.
These silly mistakes are still costing us, but I do feel the tide is turning. A result is definitely on at Charlton.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

From viewing that it was a pen against Murray, albeit a soft one, but not 100% it was a straight red for Virgs. It was mistimed for sure but he slid along the ground and his feet/studs weren't raised. He was never going to seriously injure the guy like that so was it dangerous play? I'm sure Gus is right in that if it had been a Leeds player making that challenge it would have been a yellow.

A couple of other things though - why on earth did Brezovan throw the ball out at that stage? (shame 'cos it sounded like he had a stormer apart from that) and what shocking lack of marking in the box for the equaliser, Snodgrass had so much time. Sadly we're getting punished for every little mistake at the moment. When you're down you're down.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't see us appealing that one having watched it. Should be no complaints about the sending off. The penalty looked soft but was inside the area. You win some you lose some I guess.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From viewing that it was a pen against Murray, albeit a soft one, but not 100% it was a straight red for Virgs. It was mistimed for sure but he slid along the ground and his feet/studs weren't raised. He was never going to seriously injure the guy like that so was it dangerous play? I'm sure Gus is right in that if it had been a Leeds player making that challenge it would have been a yellow.

A couple of other things though - why on earth did Brezovan throw the ball out at that stage? (shame 'cos it sounded like he had a stormer apart from that) and what shocking lack of marking in the box for the equaliser, Snodgrass had so much time. Sadly we're getting punished for every little mistake at the moment. When you're down you're down.
Look again Joe and pause it on the moment of impact, you might change your mind.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unless I am mistaken Virgo's studs were 3 feet off the air and in the blokes midrift. I don't think I seen a more blatant sending off for ages.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good to see Glenn giving it large to the Leeds scum after he scored.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can I suggest if Paul Camillin has to do another commentating role that NSC chip together and get him a pair of glasses before the next game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What did Poyet say as my sound is not working.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's good that Poyet reduces the Leeds management team to the level of the playground. And as for Virgo and his sending off, why didn't the head-bandaged twat go as well for throwing a punch at him and pulling his shirt? Perhaps the ref was a sister-shagger as well and felt bad for giving a penalty against his relatives?

Seriously, the Leeds management team should look at what knobbers they come across as, pathetic really. Gus comes out much better from the whole shambles, and the BBC never even bothered to get the opinion of the Leeds guy in the post match interview. Perhaps the League will get involved?

Whoops, another pig flies past the window. And that one looks like Snoddin...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here