Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Awards - Poyet and Dunk nominated (merged)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Football Manager Outstanding Managerial Achievement

The full shortlist includes:

Dougie Freedman - Crystal Palace

Gus Poyet - Brighton & Hove Albion

Lee Clark - Huddersfield Town

Football League Young Player of the Year

The full shortlist includes:

Lewis Dunk - Brighton & Hove Albion

Matt Phillips - Blackpool

Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace

:D

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Gus & Dunk up for award

Gus has been nominated for FL Manager of the Year & Dunk for FL Young player of the Year. Both are up against their Palarse rival. If they win will other clubs be even more intersted in them?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I'm guessing zaha is up for the young player award? I can't see Dunk beating him to that tbh. Dougie has no chance ahead of Gus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whats the FULL shortlist?

Surely Jordan Rhodes is the FL young player of the year. He scored about FIFTY goals in 2011, and about 10 in three games for Scotland U-21s

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Freedman has done a good job, sadly. That Carling Cup semi with a victory over Man Utd, and he's turned perrenial relegation fodder into a mid table side that is only six or seven points behind much bigger clubs like Brighton, Leeds and Blackpool.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Will make no difference at all (although I agree Dunk won't get the award ahead of a striker - always a higher profile when it comes to winning the prizes).
As for Gus - it is results on the pitch that will make him attractive to other clubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Freedman has done a good job, sadly. That Carling Cup semi with a victory over Man Utd, and he's turned perrenial relegation fodder into a mid table side that is only six or seven points behind much bigger clubs like Brighton, Leeds and Blackpool.

This part is not apparently relevant. The award is for a SPECIFIC achivement:

The Football League | News | FL Awards | FL Awards News | FL Awards News | Further shortlists announced for League Awards 2012

Gus Poyet (for winning the league 1 title)
Dougie Freedman (for narrowly beating Manchester United's reserves in a tin-pot cup United couldn't give a shit about)
Lee Clark (for setting a league record for unbeaten games, if you ignore the one game in the middle that really mattered)

Has to be Gus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mind you, having noted that Portsmouth are one of the nominees for the '(Shafting your) Community Club of the year', I'm not sure I can be bothered to take these awards very seriously...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This part is not apparently relevant. The award is for a SPECIFIC achivement:

The Football League | News | FL Awards | FL Awards News | FL Awards News | Further shortlists announced for League Awards 2012

Gus Poyet (for winning the league 1 title)
Dougie Freedman (for narrowly beating Manchester United's reserves in a tin-pot cup United couldn't give a shit about)
Lee Clark (for setting a league record for unbeaten games, if you ignore the one game in the middle that really mattered)

Has to be Gus.
I see there is a FAN of the year category. Next year I shall be nominating [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] for his services to supafandom and Vicunte shitstirring. :ascarf: :clap:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry to say I think Zaha will win because attacking players have more flair and there was more transfer interest.

Dunk has had a extraordinary season given that its his 1st but defenders rarely get the final prize (Cannavarro excepted)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Zaha should win his award by a long way.

Dougie will have no chance of winning the award (not to say that I think Poyet is better, just that he has achieved more in a longer time). Clarke SHOULD get it for the incredible unbeaten run despite the sacking.

Williams is the best player in the apprentice award and should win that too, although his injury may have held him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here