Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football ground names.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As clubs re-build or move to new stadiums i can't be the only one that is saddened to 'good old names' go at the expense of The Emirates/The Amex and the list goes. Don't think we will ever see the likes of Cold blow lane/Saltergate ever again ? Any names you liked at any level ? :wave:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As clubs re-build or move to new stadiums i can't be the only one that is saddened to 'good old names' go at the expense of The Emirates/The Amex and the list goes. Don't think we will ever see the likes of Cold blow lane/Saltergate ever again ? Any names you liked at any level ? :wave:

thank god for that, what a shit hole that was and fans who are only just better than Palarse fans.....but i get you point,
Roker Park, The Victoria ground, filbert street (always remember Jimmy Caes getting sent off there and a cracking atmosphere) and one of my favs the old Manor ground in oxford

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You mean the Den? The New Den just doesn't sound the same?

Jul 20, 2003
Burnden Park - I liked the way they had a line on the away terrace marked up to show where you had to stand to have an unrestricted view - very useful

only went there once, we lost 1-0 in the cup

it was a shithole

but a better name than The Reebok

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Elm Park. Where did all that new support come from at the Maj?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You mean the Den? The New Den just doesn't sound the same?

I don't want to be pedantic (or maybe I do) but Millwall's ground is called The Den. Not the New Den.

I like The Dripping Pan. And Giant Axe (Lancaster City).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
As a Yank I feel compelled to put in a vote for The Baseball Ground.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Manor Ground, The Dell, The Vetch Field

Good ones still going: Field Mill, Bootham Crescent, The Racecourse

Funny how public attitudes changed. When Middlesbrough first moved, a lot of other fans thought their club were above that sort of thing. Then when it was realised their 30,000 gates were no flash in the pan, and decent players were rocking up in Smogland, everybody wanted one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here