Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Following the Albion whilst Abroad - what's happened to NSC?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Travelling the globe at the moment, my season ticket safely sold for half a season and having a great time down under. Don't get much of a chance to log on, but when I do this is one of the sites I visit because I like the behind the scenes stories. Or so I thought.

What's going on NSC?? This website is now a very poor 3rd or 4th to the Argus, club site and BBC even, for news and speculation regarding our club. It seems full of drivel about anything other than our club. Read the other thread concerning this and just wanted to add that the administrators really need an early Spring Clean concerning the range of topics. If Steve Coppell was assassinated tomorrow it would be lost in a pile of toss about first loves, meaningless polls, favourite positions, people above you etc etc. There's a word for this stuff and it's called SPAM. There's also plenty of other sites for this ie teenager chat. Spare a thought for those of us elsewhere that want to know what's going on every Saturday when we can't be there. Falmer, for example, is the biggest thing this club is facing and there's bugger all discussion on it. Crazy. I for one am fed up scrolling through pages of crap to find an Albion related topic or rumour. Sorry, but delisting this website from my favourites - it
is no longer worth reading regularly. Another revamp needed I feel......

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What the f*** is that about. What exactly about Falmer do you want to talk about? The fact that there isn't really anything happening because the enquiry isn't actually happening at the moment?

The decision is due in October, there, done.

I do agree that there is a lot of drivell on here, but there isn't much to talk about at the moment.

However, I do think that news is on here 1st before a lot of sites (especially bbc - they are a week too slow.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
So what!!!!!!!!!!!, if you dont want to read it you dont have too!! and if you want to talk about something else, start a thread yourself!

Mate, if you are travelling and need news about the albion once a week, i see your point.

Now imagine that NSC is your only getaway from another shit day in the office and you spend the best part of 9-5 on here....

Still just want to talk about Falmer?

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
If thats what you call Spam you haven't lived... Now this is what I call SPAM...

spam-c07.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
There is no news, Kanchelskis news dried up and we're still waiting, Falmer enquiry in October so we should see alot of posts regarding that. Then the Falmer decision by the end of the year.
As for the playing side, its crap at the moment, not many people wanna talk about our poor displays.

If people dont like NSC why are they still here? :yawn:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We'd have boring days just tlaking about it, when its being built we'llbe having sweepstakes and the itme each brick is laid......

I enjoy the banter and the friendship you build up by chatting and insulting each other. Its like a whole new set of friends that you know. I feel I know some of the people on here pretty well, some of which I've never met and some I met for the first time on saturday. But despite that I feel I know them and thats great, expecially when trying to look busy at work.

Anyone who wants a basic news site go to the official site this has the news on it, normally later than NSC but it has it. Anyone who wants a unique experience stay here.

As a picture posted sometime ago which I can't be arse dto find states.

North Stand Chat - It's a way of life.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Makes some valid points, but the truth is that if you are logging on for news, then NSC is the place.

Generally if Page 1 is drivel - and this week it is - then it means nothing's happening. eg,
Nothing to tell on Falmer
No players going (possibly FDM and that IS covered)
No signings.

When AK47 makes his mind up, you WILL read it here 1st.

Drivel = No News. It's as simple as that Portlock.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
NSC has been and will be the first place to find out the latest news.

Hundreds on here when Bobby was sold etc.

When there is no news. What can you expect?

BrightonBird said:
I do agree that there is a lot of drivell on here, but there isn't much to talk about at the moment.

However, I do think that news is on here 1st before a lot of sites (especially bbc - they are a week too slow.

It's not drivel BB, it's an eclectic mix of diverse discussion threads designed to challenge the mind and exorcise pre-judgements !

:lolol:

If he wants 'official' go to the official website !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
coach03 said:
If he wants 'official' go to the official website !

Absolutely all of last weeks news is there

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I just love these people who don't contribute every day and when they do make a contribution it is to criticise those who do keep it going when nothing else is happening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First attempt to help this situation.

You will now notice an extra forum - "Albion related threads". Whenever there is a new Albion thread, a moderator will move a link to it into this new forum.

The thread will still be on The Big Board and will rise and fall as people post (or don't).

Those who with to only see Albion threads can go into the new forum and then link directly to those threads on The Big Board.

Let's give it a go and see how it works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here