Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying solo

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am off to Dusseldorf in a couple of months with friends and have a few ideas for holidays with friends for later in the year but really fancy getting away on my own for a long weekend soon. Been really busy lately and just wanted absaloute time to myself away somewhere. It will probably be in the UK.

Anyone got any ideas for nice places or is this the most depressing thing you could imagine?! I enjoy time to myself If there is interesting stuff to do.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Doesnt sound depressing I quite like the idea of a break away on ones own

Where to go though? f*** knows; Get out to Ireland or something, maybe Galway, There you go

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I think I would enjoy going away on my own for the first 24 hours, before I find an irrepressible need to talk to someone.

What kind of a place are you looking for?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Shetland Islands.

Remote and starkly beautiful.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think I would enjoy going away on my own for the first 24 hours, before I find an irrepressible need to talk to someone.

What kind of a place are you looking for?

I like long country walks and cosy pubs with friendly folk who don't mind a chat. So not a city break. Be good to get some recommendations of Inns or guest houses with places of interest nearby.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nibble, I know you said NOT a city break, but....

I had two nights in Wroclaw in southern Poland last week, and it was really good. Not country walks but the place is full of parks and loads of old squares and churches. Weather was about 25 degrees and sunny. There are TEN universities in the town, so it is RAMMED with young Polish totty.

Loads of nice mellow bars in the main square for a cheap and good beer. People are very freindly.

Highly recommend it, especially if you can get the Ryanair flights we got for TWO PENCE each. :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble, I know you said NOT a city break, but....

I had two nights in Wroclaw in southern Poland last week, and it was really good. Not country walks but the place is full of parks and loads of old squares and churches. Weather was about 25 degrees and sunny. There are TEN universities in the town, so it is RAMMED with young Polish totty.

Loads of nice mellow bars in the main square for a cheap and good beer. People are very freindly.

Highly recommend it, especially if you can get the Ryanair flights we got for TWO PENCE each. :thumbsup:

I will check it out, thanks. I am going to Dusseldorf in July so may not do the city thing this time but would definately consider for another time. I do like checking out historic buildings so could be a winner!

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Have You Thought About Splashing Out And Going To The Far East For A Week? You Could Go To Bangkok For Less Than £300 If You Shop Around. A Word Of Warning Though When You Get There. Refer To It As Krung Thep When You Get There. The Locals Get Upset Otherwise Apparently.

:thumbsup:

:lol:
Have You Thought About Splashing Out And Going To The Far East For A Week? You Could Go To Bangkok For Less Than £300 If You Shop Around. A Word Of Warning Though When You Get There. Refer To It As Krung Thep When You Get There. The Locals Get Upset Otherwise Apparently.

:thumbsup:

:lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Guess that's that then. Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here