Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Flat Roofing Question

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Hi,
Im trying to help my old aunt who lives in Brighton. She has a garage roof that really needs complete replacement.
However, like many old folk, she’s worried as to how much it’s likely to cost before she decides if she can do it, or (her thoughts not mine) leaves it and allows it to fall down into the unused garage below😳

I’m trying to find out a very rough idea of what total replacement will cost. It’s about 3.2mt x 5.2 mt overall. Will need new joists, decking and felting.

Hopefully I can persuade her to get the job done.

Anyone in the roofing game, or know of someone who is Id appreciate a PM.

thanks

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Hi,
Im trying to help my old aunt who lives in Brighton. She has a garage roof that really needs complete replacement.
However, like many old folk, she’s worried as to how much it’s likely to cost before she decides if she can do it, or (her thoughts not mine) leaves it and allows it to fall down into the unused garage below😳

I’m trying to find out a very rough idea of what total replacement will cost. It’s about 3.2mt x 5.2 mt overall. Will need new joists, decking and felting.

thanks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi,

thanks
Had basically the same work carried out, in 2021 (including new joists and boards), for £2,100.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I’m having my garage roof replaced next week, having to have felt as it’s in a block of four. I’ve been quoted £2,200. Luckily it appears the wood underneath is ok and should dry out once the new roofing is on.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
i’d post you all some pictures I have which show my late uncles ‘attempts’ at repairing (bodging) the roof joists, but then again loved the old fella so much I’ll keep them to myself and just smile

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
at £60-£100sqm on the felt roof, thats allready a grand, minimum, just on the felt... assuming 3 layer. 1 day for ripout, 2 days for new roof to be installed (Joists, firrings, counter baten, osb) and decked + materials.
1 skip
1 day on fascia/soffit/gutter.

you're probably looking between 4-6k

Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here