Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flags -question to stewards

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If fans were to bring giant home made flags requiring giant poles to Withdean, akin to those you see being waved on Euro Anfield nights, would we even be allowed through the turnstiles with them? Or is there little point trying to inject some fun into the league's most shocking home atmosphere because rules are rules and brighton are by all accounts better at implementing them than their scouse counterparts. Just a thought.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think you will find that big flags, drums etc are allowed in at the discretion of the Safety Officer.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I take my flag to away games,never had problem getting in with it, ok its not on a pole,but as long as others dont complain,lol what am i saying nsc users not complaining,lol forget what i said.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I take my flag to away games,never had problem getting in with it, ok its not on a pole,but as long as others dont complain,lol what am i saying nsc users not complaining,lol forget what i said.

To be clear. This is not about flags without poles. They're called drapes.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I wouldnt be very impressed if someone was waving a flag in front of me making me miss parts of the game. i vote ban them. sorry but there is a time and a place for waving flags and its not at a football ground IMO.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I wouldnt be very impressed if someone was waving a flag in front of me making me miss parts of the game. i vote ban them. sorry but there is a time and a place for waving flags and its not at a football ground IMO.

Neither would I. But if it helped build an atmosphere pre-match, I'd love to see a bit more san siro colour at withdean. It's just so depressing and current attendances suggest you'd be blocking no one's view:bigwave:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Neither would I. But if it helped build an atmosphere pre-match, I'd love to see a bit more san siro colour at withdean. It's just so depressing and current attendances suggest you'd be blocking no one's view:bigwave:

And the current form suggests you wouldnt miss anything worth watching. but flags are really tame in my opinion, best to leave them on the golf course.

If its atmosphere and colour you want, then i suggest another scarf day. :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
sorry but there is a time and a place for waving flags and its not at a football ground IMO.

I'm not picking on you, but that one sentence sums up the problem with the atmosphere at Withdean. Substitute flags for singing or shouting and it's like being in the south stand blocks A to G all over again.

The sooner we have four stands the better, then we can lump all the grannies, old boys and people who think they're at the theatre back in the west stand where they belong and allow all the lads to sit in the same place and finally have a bit of atmosphere back again.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
You are astronomical fans of alcohol
So welcome in
Are rising in the East and setting in the West
All waving flags

We're all waving flags now
Waving flags
But don't be scared