Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flag Coverage

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Still feeling pretty damn good at present and have watched the tape of the game and bought the papers with all the good pictures.

It was great to see my flag getting major coverage especially when the players were interviewed over by the corner where they were celebrating.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Gloucester BHA

I thought the big flag was totally f***ing wasted at the game yesterday. No disrespect to the people who organised it to be there and the ones who got it there. But from where i was sitting in the corner of the BT Stand it looked quite pathetic :(

It seemed that everyone couldn't wait to get the flag past them and it was all bunched up so you couldn't read it. Then when it came back the other way it was going almost sideways :dunce:

It didn't look too bad!:lolol:

DSCI0016.JPG

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem was that because of the exits the flag could not get spread out properly towards the pitch, hence got caught up underneath the middle tier. It was not the organisers fault as something that big is impossible to control once it has left the start and most of the people who moved the flag probably didn't know what it was and couldn't tell whether it was going correctly. The half time one went much better and got all of the way around whereas the first one only got a third of the way round. Unfortunatly it had to be rushed because the had game started again.

If we had had the other end of the ground I think it would have gone around better, especially if we had been able to get it going around the first tier.

I think it was fantastic to get it there at all, and every one will learn by any mistakes that were made and next year it will look even better (play off final or cup final depending on which one we are in!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well done to everyone involved.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Thimble Keegan said:
Pardon my ignorance but I was under the impression that the giant flag had been banned from the Millennium Stadium.

Thimble Keegan
Gloucester BHA

It was untill the power of the NSC boys and girls got one over the Stadium safety officer who relented.

Well done to all involved

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Thimble Keegan said:
Pardon my ignorance but I was under the impression that the giant flag had been banned from the Millennium Stadium.

They changed their mind

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The Large One said:
Oooops! I think that was the one I covered up at the end when I got the MARVELLOUS SCENES banner out. Sorry about that.

It is ok as it still got some smart TV coverage...Look out for it in Portugal!!!

Thimble Keegan
Gloucester BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here