Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Probably the reason why Muzza left , he wouldn't have made the subs bench :lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I prefer this... it makes managers have to think more carefully and creatively, rather than 'one of each' on the bench.

Also brings the goalkeeper on the bench into question... and raises the great prospect of seeing a plucky but hapless outfield player forced to don the gloves and green jersey!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This does have a pretty significant impact on the squad in my opinion.

Players like Vincelot becaome a whole lot more valuable.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can't see how this is a good thing at all

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
This does have a pretty significant impact on the squad in my opinion.

Players like Vincelot becaome a whole lot more valuable.

Exactly right. And Gus mentioned it (the likely reduction) as a positive in signing him. Going to be even harder to pick a matchday squad now, but Vincelot looks cast iron for the bench.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's a good thing for smaller clubs, I doubt many Championship clubs voted for but most of League One and Two probably did. 7 subs is percieved to be an extra advantage for the more well off clubs who can afford bigger squads. Plus it will leave more players kicking their heels on a Saturday that clubs lower down can then get on loan...

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Exactly right. And Gus mentioned it (the likely reduction) as a positive in signing him. Going to be even hard to pick a matchday squad now, but Vincelot looks cast iron for the bench.

Why does Vincelot have to start on the bench? Surely Gus can switch him around during play? Let's wait and see the first team sheet on Aug 6th.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Why does Vincelot have to start on the bench? Surely Gus can switch him around during play? Let's wait and see the first team sheet on Aug 6th.

What I meant was that his versatility will virtually ensure him a place in the squad, perhaps I was unclear.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gus mentioned it might be happening when we signed Vincelot. Very shrewd indeed. If push came to shove he could cover CB, RB, LB, CM, RM.. Although sadly not all at once.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Whilst I understand the reasoning behind these changes, and think they are solid reasons, I think the fact that they decided money-saving measures were needed whilst meeting in CYPRUS seems a tad bizarre.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Gus mentioned it might be happening when we signed Vincelot. Very shrewd indeed. If push came to shove he could cover CB, RB, LB, CM, RM.. Although sadly not all at once.

Why not? Is he only to give 90% to this team? Slacker. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here