Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishersgate Barmaids - An Update

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am sorry to report that last Wednesday, the phenomenally spectacular barmaids at the Albion public house in Fishersgate were sadly absent. Instead, we had a rather plain middle-aged woman behind the bar. I don't want to overly criticise her as she did a stirling job, was quite friendly, and even brought my pint over to me after having to change the barrels. But after the sumptuous volumes of eye-candy of the preceding week from (firstly) the pretty asian girl with the awesome cleavage, and (secondly) the drop-dead gorgeous scandanavian lass who took over from her, the middle-aged barmaid was inevitably a bit of a let-down.

Tonight, the plan is to walk past the Albion and check through the windows to see who is on duty behind the bar. If it's the asian or scandanavian girl, then needless to say, our evening will be spent in their intoxicating company. If they are again absent, I shall resign myself to another evening in the Kings Head instead. Watch this space for an update tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believe one of our party has a phone capable of taking photos. He may also be sufficiently technical enough to get the pictures up on this esteemed messageboard...but don't quote me on that.
Lets firstly just see if those angels are working tonight, and I'll see what can be done from there.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I will be looking out for posts from AlbionFan with added interest.

I trust that is the person with the techy phone?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Albion & The Kings Head....cant think of 2 pubs I rather *NOT* drink in!

Thats all from reputation which is probably completley wrong but I've heard they are crap/rough dive's much like the splendid Pilot in Southwick!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
The Albion & The Kings Head....cant think of 2 pubs I rather *NOT* drink in!

Thats all from reputation which is probably completley wrong but I've heard they are crap/rough dive's much like the splendid Pilot in Southwick!
Well, you're spot-on about the Pilot, which is just along the road. I never bother with that place, its just full of mentalists spoiling for a ruck. The Albion was a bit of a dive. To be fair, its had something of a facelift over the last six months or so, which has brought it up to "barely presentable" now, but it still ain't great. I don't bother with it unless the honeys are there on show.

The Kings Head hower, IS my favourite pub in all the world. Its not too small to be pokey, not too big to be impersonal, its done out just how I like it. Fairly traditional, oak bar, decent sofa running the length of the back wall, nice and clean, plenty of tables & chairs, diamond landlord who's a right laugh, excellent pool table (free on Wednesdays), good food thats cheap, Stella, no nob-ends trying to pick fights, music at a conversation-enabling level, roof terrace for the summer, and only 5 mins walk from my gaff. Perfick.
Only thing is, the barmaids are ugly.

(kidding - one of thems quite nice actually).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah noticed the Abion has gone red recently, never been in either but may try the Kings Head one day on your review of the place :)

I recommend the Duke in Shoreham...not the Crabtree its gone shit!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Duke - is that in Shoreham High St ? I can't picture it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
The Duke - is that in Shoreham High St ? I can't picture it.

Opposite Frost's garage on Brighton Road, before you get to the High Street, just passed the Civic Hall place on the right when driving west.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The splendid scandanavian beauty was on duty last night, and what an utterly exquisite creature she is. Unfortunately, between serving drinks, the poor girl was having to fend off the clumsy advances of a half-drunk oaf who was offering to "give you a lift, or walk you home nicely". Obviously she was not in the least bit tempted by either offer, wisely choosing to avoid getting into a car with a bloke who was slurring and leaning on a bar-stool for support, and also deciding not to find out what the "nicely" bit of walking her home actually meant. She let him down kindly though, bless her.

She later persuaded me away from the Kronenburg to try out some guest lager they were having on trial. I can't remember the name of it now (I must have had several), but it was quite vile. However, I didn't want to hurt her feelings as I think it may have been from her homeland or something, she seemed quite proud of it. At one point, my head was bowed and shaking as I was deep in thought from something one of my mates had just said, and scandanavian lass interpreted this as me being less than impressed with her lager. "You don't like ?" she said, with her deliciously dainty accent dancing to my ears through her pouting lips. "No, no, its fine...I was just thinking about something else..." I said.
Think I got away with it. Back there next week anyway, thats for sure.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:
She later persuaded me away from the Kronenburg to try out some guest lager they were having on trial. I can't remember the name of it now (I must have had several), but it was quite vile.

Was it called plop or binki?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hmmm....think I may have to join you Easy next week, the birds down the Cricks have become stale as of late, although a new one arrived recently. But the need to find fresh barmaid goodness is needed before the long cold winter months.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The barmaids in the open house Crabbers will keep you warm through the winter months, both of them are mighty fine !!!

Though they do look a tad pretentious town types, but hey

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Used to share a house witha Scandinavian lass, she thought nothing about walking around the kitchen and living room in a pair of skimpy briefs and small t shirt.

She used to work as a part time stripper too walking round the house with her various costumes on (police woman, nurse, etc). We always tried to encourage her to btring her work home with her.

*sigh*

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
redland said:
The barmaids in the open house Crabbers will keep you warm through the winter months, both of them are mighty fine !!!

Though they do look a tad pretentious town types, but hey

Open House? Wheres that? Do they have an Open Mic so I can woo them with my karaoke skills? :D

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Open House? Wheres that?
Next to London Road station. Used to be called the Springfield. It's in Springfield road, go down Ditchling Road from the Fiveways lights and it's the turning on the right just before the BP garage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
hmmm....think I may have to join you Easy next week, the birds down the Cricks have become stale as of late, although a new one arrived recently. But the need to find fresh barmaid goodness is needed before the long cold winter months.
I was in the Cricketers (Southwick) for the football on Sunday. Couple of fairly pleasant barmaids there, although not really a patch on scandanavian lass. You'll see what I mean if you make it over, Crabbers.
I was in The Star in Haywards Heath yesterday lunchtime (its just up the road from where I work). They have a new barmaid there who looks like Natalie Imbruglia. She was lovely.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I was in the Cricketers (Southwick) for the football on Sunday. Couple of fairly pleasant barmaids there, although not really a patch on scandanavian lass. You'll see what I mean if you make it over, Crabbers.
I was in The Star in Haywards Heath yesterday lunchtime (its just up the road from where I work). They have a new barmaid there who looks like Natalie Imbruglia. She was lovely.

I was in the Cricks too Easy for the England match!

mmmmmmmmmm Natalie...think I'll stalk her then :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here