Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] First time visitor: advice welcome

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course they do, ban regular backpacks then sell one in the shop that fits their arbitrary rules. Classic
I bought mine to go to Wembley, when we played Man City, which was before Brighton banned them. :shrug:

It’s also a security issue.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hi there all of u!

Were visiting the home game against Wolves on the 26th of october.
We are a family of 5 from the Netherlands. (Senior, 3 brothers and a 16 y old teen)

Tickets booked
Train Booked
Hotel booked

Need advice:
pre match 'cant miss' places
restaurant / pubs for food after the match

And: I read that sometimes it's difficult to get inside a bar or something like that after 9 in the evening. Any advice on that?

Looking forward to our visit!!
Hello mate.

One of the incredible and wonderful things about Brighton's rise up the leagues, is that we get the chance to show people around from the world, what our club is about and what our city is about. Welcome.

On the subject of drinking later with a 16 year old. (and I don't know if this is your plan) As others have said, all pubs will have licence restrictions. However, if you weren't right in the city centre, then there won't be anyone on the doors, there's a very good chance you'll get away with going in somewhere as a group, going straight to a corner somewhere and as long as you don't try sending him to the bar, you might get away with it.

Before the game, i'd go Prince Albert and / or the Evening Star

Wieffergoat

Sep 26, 2024
Hey there. Have a great time.

Lots of pub options been mentioned already in town. All good places and it's worth remembering Brighton is a big holiday destination for people from the UK so hundreds of pub and restaurant options throughout the city. Mostly walking distance so worth getting round if you have time.

A few other pubs that might be worth Looking at are Basket Makers, Lord Nelson (both good for good pub food) Battle of Trafalgar, Hand in Hand (in Kemptown - tiny and weird but worth a look for the novelty).

Kids will be OK in restaurants and stuff. In kemptown there are lots of good places to eat up St James Street and St George's Road that follows on from it (i like Anatolia). A lot of decent pubs and bars up there too, and something a bit different. It can 'feel' a bit edgier up there than the city centre later at night but in my experience it's fine.

I'd echo what others have said about staying in the stadium for a bit after the match. Nothing will put a downer on your trip more than standing in the rain in a massive queue for an hour waiting for a train.

If you've got nowhere to be, hang around in the bars in the stadium and talk with a foreign accent and you'll get plenty of interaction and conversation there and head off to town when it's relaxed a bit.

It's a metropolitan city, safe and very used to foreign visitors so have a great time!
We definitly are going to visit hand in hand. Were Feyenoord and our song starts with Hand in Hand kamaraden. so 1 + 1 = 2. Thanks for yor advice. Looking forward!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We definitly are going to visit hand in hand. Were Feyenoord and our song starts with Hand in Hand kamaraden. so 1 + 1 = 2. Thanks for yor advice. Looking forward!

If you're going to visit the Hand in Hand after the match (great little pub), then you'll already be in Kemp Town and out of the centre of town, maybe book a restaurant up there for later in the evening and you'll have no issues with the 16 year old.

Have a great Day :thumbsup:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hi there all of u!

Were visiting the home game against Wolves on the 26th of october.
We are a family of 5 from the Netherlands. (Senior, 3 brothers and a 16 y old teen)

Tickets booked
Train Booked
Hotel booked

Need advice:
pre match 'cant miss' places
restaurant / pubs for food after the match

And: I read that sometimes it's difficult to get inside a bar or something like that after 9 in the evening. Any advice on that?

Looking forward to our visit!!
Pre match, Trafalgar or the Swan near the ground.

Post match, head for the Lanes or North Laine and just wander around.

Food, book Burnt Orange... awesome food.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I looked it up, not knowing what this was untill i saw the video- and yes-a million times yes-it would be fab to get this going in the amex

I lived in Holland for a while - and this just re-affirms my conclusions that the Dutch are a) crazy, b) have the number one priority in life of 'having fun', and c) - great folk.

This song would suit Albion fine - it even speeds up towards the end in anticipation of the way our fans treat songs!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Attachments

• IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 34

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As others have said, the Price Albert and the Evening Star, both very near the station, are good pubs to go to before the match. Both have outdoor space, and the Evening Star in particular usually attracts a friendly crowd, with home and away fans happily mixing together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here