Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First post - the last post

Dear Drooper

Mar 2, 2009
Been a fan for a long time, dad took me to games in the early 70's.
First post and bit a bit p1ssed after trying to drown the sorrows from today.
This season has been the worst I have ever experienced due to the lack of fight the team has shown. It was emabarrasing to see us ripped apart by a fellow struggler at the start of the second half, I cannot believe that none of the older professionals within the team did not influence what was going on around them.
I have my doubts about the whole set up in the club and along with many people here I think that we need to clear out the back room staff, including those who deal with injured players.
I think Russell Slade may be the right man for next season but he needs his own staff plus Nicky Forster, whether that be as a Player/Coach or a stong influence on the training pitch and dessing room.
We need to change the squad and I would let the following go, Kuipers, Hawkins, Hinch, Mayo, Lynch, El Abd, Birchall, Jarrett, Carole, Fraser, Cox, Mcleod, Hart and Dixon.
If we keep Whing, Elphick, Virgo, McNulty (if fit), Murrary, Forster and Davies we have the defence and attack sorted - we need a whole new midfield. If we get this right I believe that we will get promotion from div 4 in the first season and we will get bigger attendances than this year.
This is a special football club to me, i don't care about Premiership or Champions League - I care about the Albion. I really believe we are on the verge of great things, the stadium will be the kick start to getting the club to where its has potential, a strong Championship, weak Premiership team. Hull were in the doldrums like us, so were Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham, Bolton, Stoke, Portsmouth, Blackburn and West Brom.
We will probably go down this season but lets go kicking and screaming and lets have a team to really get behind next season and build for the future.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
:clap:

Tell Withdean Wanker that, oh no, he'd rather pick one player, then make a thread on EVERY bad thing he does all season, silly me..

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This season has been the worst I have ever experienced due to the lack of fight the team has shown. It was emabarrasing to see us ripped apart by a fellow struggler at the start of the second half, I cannot believe that none of the older professionals within the team did not influence what was going on around them.
I have my doubts about the whole set up in the club and along with many people here I think that we need to clear out the back room staff, including those who deal with injured players.
I think Russell Slade may be the right man for next season but he needs his own staff plus Nicky Forster, whether that be as a Player/Coach or a stong influence on the training pitch and dessing room.
We need to change the squad and I would let the following go, Kuipers, Hawkins, Hinch, Mayo, Lynch, El Abd, Birchall, Jarrett, Carole, Fraser, Cox, Mcleod, Hart and Dixon.
If we keep Whing, Elphick, Virgo, McNulty (if fit), Murrary, Forster and Davies we have the defence and attack sorted - we need a whole new midfield. If we get this right I believe that we will get promotion from div 4 in the first season and we will get bigger attendances than this year.
This is a special football club to me, i don't care about Premiership or Champions League - I care about the Albion. I really believe we are on the verge of great things, the stadium will be the kick start to getting the club to where its has potential, a strong Championship, weak Premiership team. Hull were in the doldrums like us, so were Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham, Bolton, Stoke, Portsmouth, Blackburn and West Brom.
We will probably go down this season but lets go kicking and screaming and lets have a team to really get behind next season and build for the future.

:thumbsup:

Great post. And I agree with every one of your sentiments.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
good shout, not giving up the faith rather just getting more passionate for things to come (falmer)!

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Nice shout mate ! :thumbsup:

Its funny though, how a positive thread like this has been up for 9 1/2 hrs, has a hundred odd views but only 5 posts (inc mine), and the negative, moaning, bitching, slating threads always seem to get a lot of attention.

I think some NSC posters should really take a look at how they carry on. Its embarrassing and does nothing to help the cause and does nothing but piss people off with their "glass half empty" views..

As a famous man once said.."Losers will stay down on the floor though and I am not a loser. I will get up and fight and my players are going to have to get up and fight as well."

Thats the sort of spirit we need, regardless of what happens to the club.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All good and well but 6 defeats in 9 games suggests Slade is in fact a loser.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I find it really counter productive that managers no longer have a a season to turn a team around. Why are you looking for results in such a short period of time. Another example of placing premiership values on a lower league team!

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008

Great first post:bowdown:. Can only disagree with one word of your summary , and the word is Cox. He has done enough to show us what he is capable of, particularly since Slade gave him his confidence back. Excellent first half yesterday just needs to be on the ball otherwise he just drifts out of games

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Could you do your job US without a calculator, a computer or even some basic stationary. I couldn`t do mine without a hammer a saw etc.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Excellent post and nearly spot on. As someone said on the phone in, it is time to appoint a Manager for next season, and let him start to sort out contracts otherwise in the usual Albion manner we will let some of the players we want to keep (Whing being a prime example) walk away. We are not down yet but we need to accept reality and start to plan now otherwise we will leave it too late.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good post, apart from the bit about us being on the verge of great things. On the verge of the Blue Square Premier more like.

Release them all :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here