Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First game I've seen for a couple of years

Other than a couple of friendlies and Seagulls World highlights, it was good to be able to watch a full 90 minutes.

And you know what? We've got a half decent team there.

And we've got a midfield for the fist time in years!

:clap2::clap2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
First game I have seen since Blackpool last year.

This team seems unrecognisable from the shower last year.

Some good performances but does look a season too far for Butters on todays display and El Abd did seem to have a mare at RB.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my attendance has been shamefull, partly due to being in London, partly due to cost of going to shitty withdean to see mediocre-poor football. watched in a London pub and 4 premiership punters were glued to it. Good performance and an advert for the albion which will hopefully get some stay at home fans back down to the withdean. I know im going to make more effort.

The most insightful piece of commentary was the bit where they said that Brighton had a great following, all the away tickets had been snapped up, and with the team playing well, it's no surprise that Brighton are getting good crowds.

:jester:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
but does look a season too far for Butters on todays display

Dont forget he's not played a full 90 mins since Bournemouth away, not even in the few res games he's played in, so the old giro is bound to be a bit rusty!!!!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think the team looks really good. We might not be world beaters, but with the mix of experience and youth we're doing a bloody good job.

I think Butters and Forsters experience is priceless and they'll help the kids come through.

Well played today, we were by far the best team, Wilkins is doing a cracking job.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
I to am sorry to not have gone to any matches this year,the reason I have been sick off work since may this year,but after watching the game this afternoon,well i will be back as soon as i can,also it proves to me at least ,that most of the slagging off of the team etc dont seem true,yes they where a few mistakes,but surely they were not as bad as what fans have been saying well not by what I saw today.:albion2:

We were all over them for 75% of the match!

A couple of breaks they got, ended in goals - and that tells a story in itself.

Our attacks that are careful and plotted seem to send a postcard to oppositions, who get 11 in the box. We really can only hope to score from headers then, as they become 50/50. When we had shots, their keeper was obviously well dodgy, but he remained unexploited as their weakness.

el-Abd was lost when their attacker drove forward, and he got blindsided, with Butters also allowing Gray space to shoot instead of closing him down.

That's the sort of stuff we can, and should work on - because as a team The Albion are a force to be reckoned with. Nick Forster made the result even - and the ref was a homer and a homo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here