Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First game at the Amex / Southamton 2 January

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Will be in UK for this game and hoping to get a ticket after 5 today?
Looks like the options will be E1G, E1H or W1I,W1H. Looking for a good view with some atmosphere, can anyone advise?
Thanks

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont think you could go wrong with either of those. If anything the East can be a bit "quieter" but view wise both are as good as each other.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If it rains you can get wet in the first few rows, but other than that you will get a good view from anywhere. Got our friend over from Hokkido, Japan (originally from Hove) and she has been over there since being a regular at the Goldstone, she has been to lots of games on her visits to Withdean, but this will be her first to the glorious AMEX.

I am almost envioius as the first visit is so blooby amazing...

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I sit in E1G, about halfway up. Decent view of the pitch and of the West Stand. Get to hear the singing clearly from the West and the away fans in the South, and normally the North when they're in full voice. But don't expect anyone around you to be joining in..

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Views are great all over, but as Tony says the East stand is the quietest

Whaddya mean! As from a week Saturday the East is going to be rocking with our "blue and white army" and our "sing what we like, sing what we like, we are the east stand, we'll sing what we like"!

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Thanks for the tips, got my ticket in lower west with my son. I wonder how many are making there first appearance at the Amex as im sure many expats will be back for xmas? Roll on the 2 Jan!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just brought 2 in E1G Wayhay. Been in the other end near the back of the east, and close to the front of the WSU. I am doing a Stadium Tour slowly.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thanks for the tips, got my ticket in lower west with my son. I wonder how many are making there first appearance at the Amex as im sure many expats will be back for xmas? Roll on the 2 Jan!

I too will be popping my Amex cherry for the same game. Ticket sorted!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm back for this game too. I wanted to get back in the summer for the donny game but flights were too expensive so this will (hopefully) be my first amex experience. As far as I can see on the website they're not on general sale. you still need at least 50 loyalty points. How has everyone bought their tickets?! Do you all have loyalty points even though you're overseas? How do i get some loyalty points?!

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Popping my Amex cherry at the Burnley game (I'll be at Southampton too - I had to call in some favours to get tickets for that with no loyalty points). Looking forward to the tour as well.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm back for this game too. I wanted to get back in the summer for the donny game but flights were too expensive so this will (hopefully) be my first amex experience. As far as I can see on the website they're not on general sale. you still need at least 50 loyalty points. How has everyone bought their tickets?! Do you all have loyalty points even though you're overseas? How do i get some loyalty points?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/staticFiles/63/7c/0,,10433~162915,00.pdf :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's like losing your virginity to the best looking sexiest woman in the place and then worrying what position you should start with :thumbsup:

(For me it was missionary in the north - bit of a traditionalist :blush:)

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm back for this game too. I wanted to get back in the summer for the donny game but flights were too expensive so this will (hopefully) be my first amex experience. As far as I can see on the website they're not on general sale. you still need at least 50 loyalty points. How has everyone bought their tickets?! Do you all have loyalty points even though you're overseas? How do i get some loyalty points?!

An Albion news item showed they would go on general sale from 17.00 Friday night, so avalible for anyone to buy, I reckon about 50 were left last night when I bought one. If you do not get one call the ticket office and explain your situation as they can see the odd seats that may have not been bought and are stuck in the system, but you may need to catch them early, which may well be late for you.

By setting up an account and buying a ticket you should get about 10 points so, if you come home for the next 4 years and buy a ticket you will have the magic 50 to get one earlier in 2015!

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Logged in yesterday afternoon (17.00) as long as i had some purchase history over the last 3 years i could purchase a ticket, It says 50 loyalty points, but is different once logged in. That i dont understand?? Also had to pay £30 for a child, couldn't change from Adult to Child under 10? Spent too long trying to figure it out, then it logged me out. So logged back in and banged out 2 tickets quick before they went. Not missing this!! There wasnt many left? Good luck

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Logged in yesterday afternoon (17.00) as long as i had some purchase history over the last 3 years i could purchase a ticket, It says 50 loyalty points, but is different once logged in. That i dont understand?? Also had to pay £30 for a child, couldn't change from Adult to Child under 10? Spent too long trying to figure it out, then it logged me out. So logged back in and banged out 2 tickets quick before they went. Not missing this!! There wasnt many left? Good luck

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

I had the same thing earlier in the season for a cup game regarding child ticket price.

You have to ring the ticket office and tell them (or get ) the child's fan number and they'll ammend the database to reflect the age regarding pricing.

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Theres about 100 left according to the stadium plan, so any expats that will not want to miss this take action now before they are snapped up!! Ignore the `must have 50 loyalty points ´ must be a cock up with the site? Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here