Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First game at the AMEX review

callumpooh

May 19, 2009
Firstly - loved it, never thought they would be able to improve on the luxury that was Withdean!!

View: Upper West Stand, fantastic, excellent sense of drama and occasion up that high.

Seat: very comfortable, plenty of room.

Concourse: roomy enough, we were never going to get as much room as Wembley.

Food & Drink: Nice Steak & Ale Pie, pint is a pint, reasonable price (anyone who has been to Hove to watch Sussex play cricket will agree with me here - £4.50 for a hotdog!) No chips, very odd as they have salt and vinegar next to the kiosks - where will this go, in your tea or coffee?!

Collecting tickets: no problem here, got to the ground at 6:30ish and had tickets in 5 mins.

Club shop: loads of stuff, usual inflated prices but no doubt I will be buying some stuff in the near future.

Travel (park & ride Mill Road): the only real negative as queues after the game were very long and the whole bus area was a little chaotic. I guess this will bed down in time; even those in the car park next to the ground were not getting out quickly, however, if you have ever parked at Wembley and tried to get out after an event you will know it is a knightmare.

I know you are getting bored now so to finish - those who say it looks unfinished, this is true to an extent but it is only because the infrastructure is in place to expand, lets hope we continue to do well and the club expand as soon as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here