Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First experience supporting BHA

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
13.9.1975 H v Chester City (won 6-0).

My old man took me to this game, Chelsea v Southampton & then Palace v Aldershot and let me decide where I wanted to go back to (lived in Crawley at the time).

I quite rightly chose the Albion and 36 years later still going home and away! We really started going regularly from 1976 (me, my two sister and Mum and Dad). My Mum is also still a season ticket holder and one sister been with her family to 2 home games so far this season. My other sister last saw the Albion at the play off final v Bristol City - tut tut!! My Dad sadly never lived to see Falmer :-( but was a regular at the Withdean. So Brighton now in our family blood, both nephews in the Junior Seagulls (or whatever its called) and one of them now been to an England home game with me!

Mr Blobby

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Nice story Mr B and you are truly a star amoung Albion fans, a top fella who helped me with many a ticket in the Withers days, especially when it was raining!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My memory - not so good these days - is that he played because everyone was laughing at the flooodlights shining off his bald head. Not many players in those days shaved their heads.

*Stands by to be corrected*

Ok, this is bugging, we need an official FACT on this so does anybody have the Wolves team from that night? Not the programme, as he would have been listed, but I recall being dissapointed that The Doog wasn't playing.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
After years of thinking the Rochdale game in '69 was my first Goldstone experience this thread and the Wolves references have made me realise that Wolves was my first Albion experience. All of a sudden the golden locks of Eddie Spearritt came to mind and I've realised that the colossal 35,000 crowd was where I popped my Albion cherry. It is amazing how footy can give you some "markers" in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here