Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finances

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Ok, just to put this all into my own head correctly. Please anyone who can explain this please do.

Last season our playing staff was larger. We were paying ecovert and we were paying for the public enquirey.

We are now not paying ecovert, we got / are getting the following extra income (conservative I think)

£350k for play-off final (not budgeted)
£250k for Mr Ruby
£300k for Tottenham
£200k + from Alive and Kicking (at present)
(all un budgeted)

Championship money (although not masses more a bit more)

Lost the wages of
Iwelumo
Roger
Blackwell
Lee
Currie
(ok, compensation to Blackwell and Roger)

Paying extra for
Molongo
Jarrett
Claridge
Nicolas (free transfer)

which to my mind makes us up to £1 million better off than we could have expected to be.

Now take away the extra costs of the new P.E. Is this extra one costing us more than £1 Million or were we just hoping for a mirical cup draw,selling players and trimming the squad. Oh and the play-off final couldn't have been factored in.

In summary, if we hadn't have got all of the above, would we be out of business now ? If so, I think a definitive statement of how close we are to the brink needs to be forthcoming, because so far we have been told we need the alive and kicking money, but there is not an iminent danger of going to the wall. These figures to my un trained eye say otherwise.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
You are right where has all this un budgeted money gone.I think we are in a bit more trouble than we thought.Hopefully the money from the cup and selling Currrie will help sort it out

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think the club in their forecasts expected that Falmer would get a Yes in the summer. This didn't happen therefore the debts became more pressing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ILOVEBHA said:
I think we are in a bit more trouble than we thought.

The club released their financial details recently. Go and look at them and you can see exactly how much trouble we are in.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Financial statements never show the full picture, they show a snapshot.
We know we are in trouble, but rather than all these half liners saying we are on the brink or we are financially viable etc, a clear concise statement from the board to say we forcast that

a) We will go out of business in 1 year if we do not get the following.....

b) Although we are going through finacially challenging times at present, we are not in danger of going out of business but we will need to do this , this and this in order to meet our business requirements.

etc

I cannot get my head round all the half arsed, ill informed, no accurate, sooth saying going on at the moment. Reality is we all have a lot more invested in this club than money, and it is unlike any other business in this regard. Clarity is needed....

I love DK and what he has done for this club, but I will say I am starting to get more than a little nervous with a few people knowing a lot and the rest of us being fed a line that may or may not be the whole truth.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
finances . . .at lunchtime I had 4500 squid in my palm . . . .now I'm skint :eek:

don't fear readers, I didnt bet on one of Gareths tips, we have a nice new Kitchen extension :clap:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
StaffsGull said:
Financial statements never show the full picture, they show a snapshot.
We know we are in trouble, but rather than all these half liners saying we are on the brink or we are financially viable etc, a clear concise statement from the board to say we forcast that

a) We will go out of business in 1 year if we do not get the following.....

b) Although we are going through finacially challenging times at present, we are not in danger of going out of business but we will need to do this , this and this in order to meet our business requirements.

etc

I cannot get my head round all the half arsed, ill informed, no accurate, sooth saying going on at the moment. Reality is we all have a lot more invested in this club than money, and it is unlike any other business in this regard. Clarity is needed....

I love DK and what he has done for this club, but I will say I am starting to get more than a little nervous with a few people knowing a lot and the rest of us being fed a line that may or may not be the whole truth.

You are right, with Directors leaving and such a sudden shortage of money, even after our windfalls, things look to have taken a turn for the worse.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
most seasons the club have had a trading lose of roughly 700000
pounds thats where the money has gone and financial statements do tell you the full story thats why they are done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here