Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Round of Questions for the Vics Prog

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
Afternoon everyone,

Got to finalise the piece tonight and only need the following info for my piece, please:

1) Directions to Park & Ride- I`m OK upto the end of the M23 (been to Crawley Town).
2) Is there a bespoke map of the ground/ the route on Tinternet somewhere?
3) On what street/ road is the park and ride located?
4) Is it walkable from the Park & ride to the ground (yeah, Ok, that`s not the idea of park n ride!- but say there were long queues for the busses)
5) What are the stewards/ match-day bizzies like?
6) What`s the name of the stand NVFC get (your club just said `the away end`)
7) Do you have to sit in the seat as per ticket?

Sorry for the interrogation- but for you lot it would be a case of the visually-impaired leading the visually-impaired.

Look forward to the trek down and to the match- not so sure about the trek back oop north!

Andy H

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I had a mate at Uni who used to play for Northwich Victoria....

I'm THAT interesting.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
1) Come down the A23, then follow the A27 to Lewes. Mithras House is signposted from there. I think.

4) No

5) Police are pretty cool; stewards inside the ground are generally officious bastards

6) Seriously, it's just called "the away end". Temporary ground, remember?

7) Yes, yes you do.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey, if you are visually impaired, you won't be seeing much of the game! Even the eagle-eyed among you will find it difficult to identify what's going on at the other end of the pitch ! :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
6) The Dale Winton Annual Stand.

7) Yes and only sit. If you make a mere twitch and look like you are about to release your downward pressure on the seat, you will be ejected from the stadium and banned from all sporting events for the rest of your miserable and lonesome days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
northwicha said:

5. Coppers fine. A couple of pricks amongst the stewards. Its okay though they are all numbered, so we can tell you which ones they are!

6. It is called the away end. It's not really 'a stand' as such, more ten rows of seats in an adjacent postcode to the pitch.

7. You will have to if you sell out your end.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
3. Mill Road is on Mill Road which is on the edge of the city, Mithras house is nearer town at one of the Uni sites, so would not recommend using that one yourselves.
4. Depends which park and ride you use, Mill Road maybe but would not want to do it. Mithras House not a chance in hell.
5. Generally speaking okay, though you get the odd Sargent Major like any ground.
6. Depending on what stand they have giving you it will be either the West Stand or North East Stand. We do not have names for them since it is not our ground
7. Yes normally, but if you do not fill the allocation then depending on the stewards you may be able to move.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
1) follow the M23 right down to the A27 junction where you will come to a roundabout with a Texeco garage on the right. Take the third exit (towards tha garage) and follow the road under the bridge. The park and ride starts about 100 yards up the road which will be closed off for the match.
It is walkable, will take approx 15 minutes

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Some away fans use the Mill Road P&R.

1) Follow A23 south to Brighton (right hand lane). At the roundabout underneath the A27, turn right. (Mill Road) Go under the railway bridge and you will be directed up the hill to park (have your ticket ready to show.

If you use this one then
4) yes, and it's all downhill (setting yourselves up nicely for the ground) :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
1) Come down the A23, then follow the A27 to Lewes. Mithras House is signposted from there. I think.

Isnt is easier to M23, A23 to roundabout, turn right and thats where Mill Road P&R is

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
northwicha said:
Afternoon everyone,

Got to finalise the piece tonight and only need the following info for my piece, please:

1) Directions to Park & Ride- I`m OK upto the end of the M23 (been to Crawley Town).
2) Is there a bespoke map of the ground/ the route on Tinternet somewhere?
3) On what street/ road is the park and ride located?
4) Is it walkable from the Park & ride to the ground (yeah, Ok, that`s not the idea of park n ride!- but say there were long queues for the busses)

Sorry for the interrogation- but for you lot it would be a case of the visually-impaired leading the visually-impaired.

Look forward to the trek down and to the match- not so sure about the trek back oop north!

Andy H
1. P&R location is easy. Follow M23 where it becomes A23. This takes you straight to Brighton. On the northern outskirts of the city is the intersection with the A27. On the big the roundabout, take the third exit, signposted with a local 'Mill Road' sign. Go under the railway bridge and park up there.

2. There is a map of sorts on the back of your match ticket.

3. Mill Road. Don't bother with the other P&R site. It's for people in the east of the city. You'll be coming at it from the north.

4. It's about a 20 minute walk.

5. Some of the stewards are Jackbooted Nazis. But most are fine. Having said that, thinking about it, I hardly ever see coppers. Don't know what they're like in the Away End.

6. Worthing.

7. We as home fans do. Don't know about away end. If you're only bringing 300-400, I wouldn't worry.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
1) Bottom of A23 take 3rd exit on rounderbout, its on that road after the bridge

3) Mill Road
4) about 2 miles, walk to bottom of the road and at rounderbout take third exit, walk along there and the ground is up a short road on the right. its much easier to get a bus tho!!

6) Its called the 'Away End' only one stand is named (family stand is called the Legal and General) all others are North, South, East and Away)
7) Depends if its a sell out

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Seagullible said:
1) follow the M23 right down to the A27 junction where you will come to a roundabout with a Texeco garage on the right.

its BP now ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The poor bloke was really looking forwrd to this game as well, before we all started.:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
7) Yes and only sit. If you make a mere twitch and look like you are about to release your downward pressure on the seat, you will be ejected from the stadium and banned from all sporting events for the rest of your miserable and lonesome days. [/B]

the upside is that you get to hear the Albion's half time team talk. if it's a half time bollocking you may want to cover your children's ears :)

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think most of the questions have been answered, the Away stand is just that "The Away Stand". Definitely go for the Mill Road Park and Ride, NOT Mithras House.

Four things it's important things to remember:

1 - You will be totally exposed. If rain is forecast bring suitable clothing.

2 - The Away Stand is about five miles from the pitch. Bring binoculars. Seriously. When we played Leyton Orient they got a penalty at the 'other' end. None of their fans reacted (you know, the usual cheering, 'woo hoo we got a penalty!' etc) because none of them realised it as it had happened too far away for it to be visible to the naked eye.

3 - Yes, the ground is total crap. You don't have to tell us, we already know. It is arguably the worst ground you will go to this season. Lou Macari said it was like 'playing a pre-season friendly in Norway'. All we could say in response was 'yeah, fair comment'.

4 - Yes, our boyfriends DO know we're here, actually. Heard it all before.

Enjoy yourselves, hopefully next time we play you we'll have a proper ground.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here