A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
4 potential play off candidates ALL in London

Palace v Cardiff
Millwall v Blackpool
Watford v Boro
West Ham v Hull

Porbably completely irrelevant and pointless, but what the heck, thought I'd point it out anyway.

Could we end up wanting Palace to do us a final day favour?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think it's very likely we'll go into the final day with it all in the balance, whether we're already sat in 6th or hoping for other results to go our way. I suspect you're right that we'll all be hoping for a Palace win that day!

Millwall v Blackpool could be an interesting one though - quite possible that Millwall will be playing to stay up that day so will definitely be up for it (unlike Palace and Watford).

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Bloody hell, they've moved Watford. It was always in Hertfordshire when I was at school.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Bloody hell, they've moved Watford. It was always in Hertfordshire when I was at school.

Lol!

I imagine the police leave would be cancelled with West Ham, Millwall and Cardiff all in town over that weekend!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't rely on Palace to win another game, they are in freefall

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it's very likely we'll go into the final day with it all in the balance, whether we're already sat in 6th or hoping for other results to go our way. I suspect you're right that we'll all be hoping for a Palace win that day!

Millwall v Blackpool could be an interesting one though - quite possible that Millwall will be playing to stay up that day so will definitely be up for it (unlike Palace and Watford).

I think Watford have every chance of being the late pushers for a play off place.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Watford have every chance of being the late pushers for a play off place.

Watford have got no chance. It's not even just the points, it's the number of teams between them and 6th.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Watford have got no chance. It's not even just the points, it's the number of teams between them and 6th.

And 5 of those 6 matches they have left are against the teams in 5th-9th places, all scrapping to get in the play offs!! Combine that with the fact they will pretty certainly need max points from those 6 to get in the play offs and I agree-they have no chance!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And 5 of those 6 matches they have left are against the teams in 5th-9th places, all scrapping to get in the play offs!! Combine that with the fact they will pretty certainly need max points from those 6 to get in the play offs and I agree-they have no chance!

WDWDWWW ... as I said, we shall see.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Those last 3 wins - against Leeds, Ipswich and Bristol City-whoopy do!

Lets see how they look after their next 4-Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull then us!!

Absolutely, don't disagree... but they are on a roll, and reading some posts here people aren't predicting great things for us against the likes of Barnsley... so it's all about opinions.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Could we end up wanting Palace to do us a final day favour?
Cardiff seem to be falling apart and I've read that Palace are making a late charge for the playoffs so no, I don't think so.

There's only six games left but things could still change a lot, look at how much two good or bad results over Easter would mean for any team in the top 10.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully Barnsley will have nothing to play for come the last day of the season.

What like relegated Port Vale a few seasons ago who took us apart at Withdean to finally boot into touch any chance the DW's young guns had of making the playoffs.

I'd suggest that Barnsley fans may also remember how Dean Wilkins ( him again!) broke their hearts in extra time when they thought they had made the playoffs instead of us. Shit we remember how Saints stitched us up against Tottenham ( and can really bang on about it even now) so I'm sure Barnsley fans would love to stop us making the playoffs?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Like others have pointed out, Watford could well be out to do themselves a favour. We might even want Boro, to do us a favour. One things for sure there are going to be a hell of a lot of swings and round abouts before then. Although not vital, the fight for 3rd and 4th will be interesting as well. Got to be an advantage playing the second leg at home in front of a full house. Although maybe not for West Ham, they will be shitting themselves. Might even be better for them to finish 5th or 6th.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What like relegated Port Vale a few seasons ago who took us apart at Withdean to finally boot into touch any chance the DW's young guns had of making the playoffs.

I'd suggest that Barnsley fans may also remember how Dean Wilkins ( him again!) broke their hearts in extra time when they thought they had made the playoffs instead of us. Shit we remember how Saints stitched us up against Tottenham ( and can really bang on about it even now) so I'm sure Barnsley fans would love to stop us making the playoffs?

:facepalm: Or us against Southampton and Huddersfield at the end of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here