Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final Curtain

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would you not have to give a reason why the unpleasant person shouldn't be in charge of a business? He/She could argue that you have affected his business by posting your opinion. (I don't know either way).

I suppose so. I guess your opinion would have to have a basis. That is, you couldn't just say something mean about someone a preface with "in my opinion". You could get away with "In my opinion [name] is an unpleasant person who shouldn't be in charge of [business]" if when challenged you can give a reason (e.g. "I met [name] at a party once and he behaved like such and such, I wouldn't want to work for someone like that/trade with a company run by a man like that")

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perhaps a simple PM to a moderator will suffice?

Example-

Dear Moderator

Thread X requires some attention-posts 175-190 imo.
That's the same as the reporting proces anyway, except it says automatically which post you're talking about.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully it wasn't the Palace Pier stuff. Whoever is guilty needs stringing up.

The West Pier thread has been removed then. Funnily enough I can't imagine it was acceptable for someone to state that XXXX was responsible for doing this despite having no evidence to back it up. Will these idiots ever learn ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Perhaps more mods might help?

Enjoy your holiday [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], don't let crap on here spoil a good trip away. Hope it all gets sorted though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think I've just realised which thread / post was the problem. The person who made the post should be banned although the organisation that complained should get a thicker skin !!!!!!

EDIT - Biffer beat me to it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Regarding all reported posts, the peron/s who report it are never revealed to anyone, we all get an e mail sent to our private e mail addresses telling us we have a reported post, the first one there deals with it, also regarding a reported post, should an infraction be given the ONLY people who know about the infraction is the person recieving it and the Mods.

It has been said countless times that we rely on people to report things they feel are wrong, it is IMPOSSIBLE for us all to cover EVERY POST IN EVERY THREAD!

We have enough mods, and the board is covered pretty much 24/7.

NEVER has a person been repremanded for reporting a post, so don't be scared to, we do deal with EVERY reported post.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the police like lots of officialdom will always take the least path of resistance, small and of not much matter to them normally you will be warned and threatened, yet on the other hand you might have some guy blocking up the street threatening dire things to a religious state he does not like and they don't even get told to move on and maybe that because he has some nous in his community and lots of camera's there when its happening.
the thread that we all seem to think has caused this was a little ripe and I could understand someone complaining especially if they came from another football club and had been slighted by a comment they did not like (I am sure we (NSC) might thing just the same had it appeared on another football forum about the Albion or one of its supporters) and while we are on the subject what is all this about, palace are just another football club like us I might have at one time disliked them but now they are just another club that happens to be close to us geographically and I am sure they are just as sickened as we about whats going on in the news just now.
maybe it is time to tame down the hatred of other clubs.
and continue with some of the witty, dry humour in the posts that make me laugh out loud one thing Brighton people and in particular Albion supporters have is great humour so lets keep that up and forget the rest

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Regarding all reported posts, the peron/s who report it are never revealed to anyone, we all get an e mail sent to our private e mail addresses telling us we have a reported post, the first one there deals with it, also regarding a reported post, should an infraction be given the ONLY people who know about the infraction is the person recieving it and the Mods.

It has been said countless times that we rely on people to report things they feel are wrong, it is IMPOSSIBLE for us all to cover EVERY POST IN EVERY THREAD!

NEVER has a person been repremanded for reporting a post, so don't be scared to, we do deal with EVERY reported post.

Accepting this to be the fact then it might be a little more "motivating" if a quick response were given to a reported post. Think you'll find I have reported 2 in my time but not knowing if they were "reasonable" or not, haven't bothered since ... kind of not wanting to be a pain in the ass to you guys if you get my drift

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I'm guessing it's been done before, but perhaps there could be a sticky just reminding people to report posts, echoing your above sentiments. Everybody knows the report feature is there, but I can admit to forgetting that it was there. Most people will read a post and just internally think 'ooh that may be over the line' and then just scroll past it, if the report feature was fresh in the mind after glancing over the sticky title more people may remember to use it? I'm certainly guilty of reading borderline offensive, libellous posts and completely forgetting that I could report it.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

thanks for clearing this up tony, maybe it would be possible for the mod to give some feedback to the reporter, along the lines of thanks its been delt with ,or something to let the reporter know if they have maybe been a bit over zelouse. Again sorry if this is what allready happens but i genuinly dont know

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The West Pier thread has been removed then. Funnily enough I can't imagine it was acceptable for someone to state that XXXX was responsible for doing this despite having no evidence to back it up. Will these idiots ever learn ?

It has now, wasnt this morning. Think it was better to remove that one too!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Accepting this to be the fact then it might be a little more "motivating" if a quick response were given to a reported post. Think you'll find I have reported 2 in my time but not knowing if they were "reasonable" or not, haven't bothered since ... kind of not wanting to be a pain in the ass to you guys if you get my drift

I can confidently say that ALL reported posts are dealt with VERY QUICKLY in most cases straight away.

Regarding reporting a post, please always report it however "reasonable" you may feel it is, no one has ever been reprimanded / infracted etc etc for reporting posts, we do have some members who are "regulars" as such, in reporting posts and we are grateful for their doing so.

All that said, clearly we don't want anyone reporting a post simply because it has a spelling mistake!! :lol: but we do get people reporting a post because it needs merging with another which is fine.

We don't (or very rarely) contact the person reporting the post quite simply there is no need to and its just time consuming, personally I have done so in the past on occasions but as i say it is time consuming.

I appreciate we all come under some critisism at times I'm sure it may be justified, but we all do our best.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
thanks for clearing this up tony, maybe it would be possible for the mod to give some feedback to the reporter, along the lines of thanks its been delt with ,or something to let the reporter know if they have maybe been a bit over zelouse. Again sorry if this is what allready happens but i genuinly dont know

I have probably answered most of this above Gee, I didn't see your post mate as i was typing mine.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I'm guessing it's been done before, but perhaps there could be a sticky just reminding people to report posts, echoing your above sentiments. Everybody knows the report feature is there, but I can admit to forgetting that it was there. Most people will read a post and just internally think 'ooh that may be over the line' and then just scroll past it, if the report feature was fresh in the mind after glancing over the sticky title more people may remember to use it? I'm certainly guilty of reading borderline offensive, libellous posts and completely forgetting that I could report it.

Sadly "Stickys" are probably the most least read threads ever, we alll do say on many threads year in year out about the importance of reporting posts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would like to report [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] it's those skirts,they are just too long :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here