Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2012

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
Silent House
Either my friend and I have sick minds (entirely possible) or this film is quite predictable. I think we were in a bit of a silly mood, as well, so didn't totally get into it. Maybe on another day I would have liked it more, but on this day it was very m'eh.

sounds like a horror or tense film by the name.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
War Horse on dvd at your local dvd shop.

I don't think anyone can disagree this is a 10. Stunning.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
sounds like a horror or tense film by the name.

It is, or is meant to be. It's presented as one shot (though there are a fair few cuts). The story is essentially a young woman is helping her dad clear out their home prior to selling it, and for convoluted reasons they end up looked in the house. They should be alone, but then they hear a noise, can she survive long enough to escape?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Piranha 3DD
Piranha was awful. The 3D was ok in parts, pointless in others, but the rest of it was just poor. Piranha 3D was fun, and it's like there was some attitude towards its trashiness that made it fun and not pure exploitation. But the studio just didn't understand it, and completely miss the tone so when they try to replicate it for this one, it just doesn't capture that same attitude. The "plot" parts of the script were all bunched up and were so unnatural (instead of coming out over the course of the story, it's like they ll took turns introducing their character in the first 5 minutes). It was badly written and badly performed. David Hasselhoff had a bright moment or two, but not bright enough to consider them good moments.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
War Horse on dvd at your local dvd shop.

I don't think anyone can disagree this is a 10. Stunning.

Rubbish. The bits in the "shire" with all the oo aarr country bumpkin stuff a 4/10.

The ww1 bits an 8/10 but the last act a 6/10 so overall 7.5/10

If you can watch with the john williams DROWN EVERYTHING OUT soundtrack down low then maybe an eight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Marvel Avengers Assemble - 3D
I went to see the avengers this morning, and loved it! I thought the hulk was great in his interactions with the others. Some great typical Whedon stuff. I want to gush about all the things I liked but fear it would be too spoilerish.

Even the 3D seemed pretty good - it wasn't so noticeable that it distracted, but there was clear use of is. I didn't walk out thinking "Where was the 3D?" as I so often do. I don't think the 3D was so spectacular the film will lose anything in 2D, but the 3D didn't leave me feeling shafted.

The positive reviews are well deserved.

There is an additional clip shortly into the credits, but nothing at the very end.

The ONLY way to see it is in IMAX 3D.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Battle :Los Angeles good actioner in the style of switch brains off and watch the us of a save the day. Guns, explosions, cheestly dialogue, aliens. Kind of a rebooted independence day 7.5/10

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A single man. Brilliant if a little depressing about a man coming to terms with the death of his long term partner, even seriously considers suicide. Colin Firth better than im kings speech. 8/10.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
American pie the reunion. Does what it says on the tin. I lauhed at the cumbawumba joke but half the audience didnt as it was prob their first american pie movie and its now all about the inbetweeners, however those 30+ will have enjoyed it so 7/10 for them bit youngsters probably think 6/10.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Marvel Avengers Assemble - 3D
I went to see the avengers this morning, and loved it! I thought the hulk was great in his interactions with the others. Some great typical Whedon stuff. I want to gush about all the things I liked but fear it would be too spoilerish.

Even the 3D seemed pretty good - it wasn't so noticeable that it distracted, but there was clear use of is. I didn't walk out thinking "Where was the 3D?" as I so often do. I don't think the 3D was so spectacular the film will lose anything in 2D, but the 3D didn't leave me feeling shafted.

The positive reviews are well deserved.

There is an additional clip shortly into the credits, but nothing at the very end.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I recently discovered there is an imax at the crawley cineworld. I intend to heck out some films there, but having already seen avengers 4 times, I'm not sure it's worth paying the extracost of imax for the 5th viewing. I hope to check out spider-man and batman there, though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2 films seen recently:

Avengers Assemble (3D)

Very good - Joss Whedon managed to splice together the ongoing plots and characters of Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk and Cap America, and each has purpose in the movie. The 3D was fine. One thing I particularly liked was the comedy in it - the way the characters interact is very good, and it easily passes Mark Kermode's 6 laugh rule.

8.5/10

Senna (2D) at home

Saw this the other night on the telly box. Amazing story, and added so much more the the tale of the man we all knew. Very powerful movie, very emotional. It has made me view Grand Prix racing in a different light.

9/10

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I recently discovered there is an imax at the crawley cineworld. I intend to heck out some films there, but having already seen avengers 4 times, I'm not sure it's worth paying the extracost of imax for the 5th viewing. I hope to check out spider-man and batman there, though.

And Prometheus - gotta see that in Imax 3D :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
American Pie: The Reunion

Went into this one hoping that, 10 years on, it would be slightly more mature, that their humour may have evolved slightly along with a sense of wistful nostalgia.

I was wrong. Still funny, but just as juvenile and sex-obsessed as the original films.

7/10.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Raid
I went into this worried the impressive action scenes the trailers throw at us would quickly become tiresome. It actually was handled better than that, with the action building as the story goes on, and the fights becoming more impressive. It is a great action film, though to those that are put off by this thing you should be warned it is subtitled.

Dark Shadows
This is a weird film that I'm struggling to form an opinion on. Eva Green is hot, but frequently sounds like she just woke up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Raid is f***ing kickass. Those worried over subtitles shouldn't be so put off, i don't think, considering so little is really said in this fundamentally bone-crunching, macho epic. Gruesome and unforgiving displays of violence don't seem out of place and can be accepted thanks to the ballistic ballet feel to it. It's got a John Carpenter sense to its electronic heartbeaty music and John Woo to its constructed, orgasmic fisticuffs and gunfire. Directed by a Welshman who seems to get funding in the far east for his fare. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Some of the deaths were extraordinary. My girlfriend, who is a complete wuss and fearful of any violence, even enjoyed it. An 18, and much deservedly so. Quality.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
American Reunion
M'eh. Don't really get a sense for how they've grown, before they revert to their high school tendencies. Cute, but it feels like I've out grown them. Not awful, just m'eh.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The idiots at both Brighton multiplexes didn't think they could spare even one small screen for one day showing the Oscar nominated Moneyball despite the fact it starred Brad Pitt. So being unable to get to Crawley when it was on release I had to wait for the dvd.

Now I accept that if you are not a baseball fan it would not have been a must watch, but being a great sports story and with a portrayal of Liverpool FCs owner John Henry near the end it would have some appeal for the average sports fan surely.

Brad Pitt was unusually made up to look less than glamorous, and the flashbacks to his character's early career was so poorly edited that if you didn't know about his career, you would have trouble following this part.

But I enjoyed this film. Indeed watched it twice before it went back to Love Film 7/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here