Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fill me in, please!

cliche guevara

Nov 17, 2004
orange county, CA
hey everyone,
i'm a californian who's about to attend the university of sussex for awhile with my friend. we'll be looking to watch a few seagulls matches while we're there.
i am curious about the team, it's history, who's great, who sucks, what the hell is up with the stadium, etc. i read the 'history' section on the main website, but i think it's a lot better to get this kind of stuff from the fans themselves.
any help or a push in the right direction is much appreciated.

michael l.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
welcome from the oc my friend- given your name i wondered whether you know Kirsten? (i.e cliched question..)

In all seriousness i would recommend checking out the various threads on here as your best way of getting up to speed before you arrive other than that try buying a book from amazon called Build a Bonfire- which should give you all the recent history as to why we are in the situation we're in. Failing that just keep asking the right questions.
Oh and Dan Harding sucks....

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Supporting the Albion is a rollercoaster ride...ups and downs often when least expected...come and join the fun..we are loving it !

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
If you see a bloke called Dick don't bother mugging him coz he's potless at the moment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
currie_home2001.jpg
oh and this blokes darren currie , hes the English version of Zidane :bowdown:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bloody Sussex University students....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
samparish said:
I agree Andy. Everyone knows Exeter is the place to be :jester:

Other than for getting a lift to Wrecsam

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Very true!

On another point, its worth noting that Dan Harding is nowhere near as bad as people on this site make out, he has played for England U21s after all. When you go to games, it will feel like a morgue as well, with just the occasional chants of someone slagging off Leon Knight for failing to control a ball punted within ten feet of him, usually at about 100mph and about 3 feet too high for him.

For the full Albion experience, you HAVE to go to an away game:clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
samparish said:
Very true!

On another point, its worth noting that Dan Harding is nowhere near as bad as people on this site make out, he has played for England U21s after all.

He's not quite as good as Michael Ricketts, Geoff Thomas or Carlton Palmer, who all played for England.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
All you need to know is:

We play in blue and white stripes.
Withdean is a dump.
Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora are former players who are goalscoring legends.
We hate Crystal Palace, and seriously dislike Pompey (both are local rivals).
We officially have the best fans in the country, as voted by other fans.
Our away following is awesome.
WE WANT FALMER!!!

Save Wrexham!!!

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Michael

Bit of history: The reason we play in an Athletics stadium is because a previous owner thought he could sell our old ground and trouser the profit. He was stopped, but not before he'd made us homeless. We're trying to get planning permission for a new one but it's impossible to put up so much as garden shed in England without twenty people screaming at you that you shouldn't be doing it.

Of the current squad no players 'suck', although some are better than others.

Oh, and if you ever watch a match on TV and wonder why the referees and officials are joining in you're probably watching Newcastle.

.... and don't forget because it's mainly played with FEET over here it's called football, NOT soccer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have some great players, and Dan Harding is one of them... a promising young left-back... the best we have in that position at the club... that said, he is not playing that well for Brighton at present...

Leon Knight is also sadly under-rated by some fans... he is only about 5 feet 4 inches tall, but quick and skillful... our main striker, and most likely to get goals for us...

For me, our best player at the moment is Alexis Nicolas... a combative midfielder who can actually pass... plays the simple ball... look out for him at the games you attend...

You should not be too critical of your own club's players...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
chicken run said:
And Leon Knight is Arnold from Different strokes

:lolol: :lolol: ... any other Brighton player / US "celebrity" comparisons welcome... it can only help our American friend...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thinking about this I hope michael really is an American. Don't forgrt dwayne first introduced himself to us as a black Yank - until hilariously exposed by Zig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here