Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fight for Withdean!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Anyone else think this is an outrage? We make a place a home and then it just gets taken away by some rich bloke and we're forced to play elsewhere! Sack the board! Withdean is where the majority of our trophies have come from, its where all the magic happened and soon it will be gone! We've been there for so long, many fans have grown up watching at Withdean. I can't believe no one will do anything about this! I tried doing a walkout at the Hartlepool game but it didn't seem to have any great effect. I've been thrown out for trying to chase Bloom out of the ground, I tried to rip the goal posts down against Leyton Orient but instead was hospitalised by the Stewards. I also managed to persuade my Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea supporter friends to watch the game against Colchester in aid of our fans United but still we're not fighting enough for it!
I'm not travelling all the way to Falmer on the 25 bus to watch the Albion. This new place dosen't even have a running track let alone 6 stands. I've seen Falmers pitch and it's a disgrace it's a complete state. I just can't and wont believe we're moving into this dump.
Save Withdean Save Brighton!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
At last someone brave enough to raise this issue.

Why should we be forced to tramp all the way to the very eastern edge of Brighton when we've already got a home near the centre?

And all this constant moving is getting to me. We're becoming a gypsy team ... Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, Falmer ... where next?

It's an outrage, I tell you.

And top marks to Mr Falmer for speaking up.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Awaits posts from posters called Withdean and Gillingham. :ohmy:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
good read , spot on apart from all of it :lolol:

So I take it your not in for saving the Albion then? If you'd been about back in the old days you would of seen us in our darkest ever days when we just survived relegation to league 2 under Slade. I'm sure you would totally agree with what I'm and many others are fighting for if you'd been about then. This is no laughing matter!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Typical bloody Albion, this - trendsetters par excellence and never realise it until too late!

We start playing football in an athletics stadium and are derided from pillar to post.........suddenly, the rest of the football world cottons on to the idea and they're all wanting athletics stadiums (well, at least West Ham do) - and what do we do?

We say, Nah, no thanks, we're going to go and play in an annex to the station car park at Falmer!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm going to Boycott Falmer and not buy a season ticket

Power to the People!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here