Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA Manager or Football Manager?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
So, Steam has the option of FIFA Manager of Football Manager. FIFA is owned by the evil EA, but Football Manager had got more complicated than atomic science last time I played it. Any got experience of FIFA Manager and how it compares to FM?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I played it and it was, in my opinion, awful. They didn't have our full squad with a lot of the players being classed as wrong positions. If I remember correctly they had Kaz as a striker and stuff like that. Football Manager is brill though

Sep 1, 2010
Bring back LMA manager, proper over the top fantasy football. The best 3D match engine in any football game ever. It was kinda easy but the menus and feel of the game was amazing

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Bring back LMA manager, proper over the top fantasy football. The best 3D match engine in any football game ever. It was kinda easy but the menus and feel of the game was amazing

Great shout I loved LMA manager.

Sep 1, 2010
Great shout I loved LMA manager.

WHY? did codemasters drop it? it was awesome. With the PS3, they could have proper video style cup draws and soooo much more. I always wanted to see The Albion on the game with our new stadium on it. These so called Manager games now are bloody awful.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
FM is the dogs bollocks. It's actually simple for the most part, and you can have your assistant do training and press conferences and stuff if it all gets a bit too much, so you just do picking a team and transfers.

FIFA Manager is a steaming pile of cow shit. Basically Fifa11 but without being able to play it, just pick a team, don't select a side and watch the game sim what happens next.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
FM is obviously the better game. Most in-depth realistic manager game around. If you think its too tough you can turn on tooltips to give you some pointers when starting out, and you can get your staff to take care of some things youre not sure about. With this, you can then begin to take on more and more as you get more familiar with the game, e.g. start to do your own training schedules, try more advanced tactics

the only thing FM lacks is on the visual side, however there are community sites that give you enough player faces/kits if that takes your fancy.

every year i download fifa manager to compare and see if im missing out on anything. The management aspect is terrible, but the matchday graphics are obviously pretty plush and there are some interesting things to do in it e.g. set up youth camps abroad, have a girlfriend, increase your golf handicap (for some reason) however, many of the aspects in FIFA manager arent the kind of things Football Managers get involved in, i think its just there to differentiate itself from FM, as it knows it cant compete with FM in terms of a pure Football Management game.

Just realised i've written an essay, but oh well, definitely go for FM, the new one comes out October time-ish, but they havent released much info about the new game (EXCITING)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here