Apr 19, 2011
FIFA has plenty of balls - here's some
fifa_world_cup_football.jpg
060222110707s.jpg
adidas-jabulani-photo.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Something about a 2.3 billion bank balance since he was empowered helps, as does his 'courting' of other nations/continents by taking the WC 'to the world' ... gives them all a chance of hosting it, brown envelopes accepted. Plus most FA's believe the English one to be arrogant, so would never have fully backed us, although our opposition was flawed, mainly by the lateness of it, although for once in my life I am pleased that our FA actually took a stance. Apparently we are pretty much the only country running this story front page right now, the rest of the world seems pretty blasé about the whole thing.

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
One thing I would say is that the way that the English press has reported this has been the most one-eyed I have seen for quite some time. It's worth standing back and thinking whether this would have received quite so much attention over here had we won the right to host the world cup in 2018.

It's probably a natural reaction to blame everyone else for us losing the World Cup but given the size of the vote against the FA does it not make you think that perhaps everyone else is right and we are wrong? Just a thought!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
One thing I would say is that the way that the English press has reported this has been the most one-eyed I have seen for quite some time. It's worth standing back and thinking whether this would have received quite so much attention over here had we won the right to host the world cup in 2018.

It's probably a natural reaction to blame everyone else for us losing the World Cup but given the size of the vote against the FA does it not make you think that perhaps everyone else is right and we are wrong? Just a thought!

It's a good point certainly, and I have thought about it, but it's not only us that has resulted in 9 of the exe commitee being accused of bribery. It may be just us that suspect everyone else is involved though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why has Jack Warner suddenly gone so quiet I wonder? If he was going to provide this tsunami of evidence he promised, surely the time would have been before the election?

I assume Sepp has had a quiet word that the 'investigation' will clear him of all wrongdoing and they can all put their noses back in the trough.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by 'desprateseagull'

Fifa has no balls - discuss.
what has Herr Blatter got on most of the FIFA members, to make them vote him through for another term, all the while the organisation suffering from various allegations and scandals..?

They may or may not have but, in some cases, they should be cut off !

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Something about a 2.3 billion bank balance since he was empowered helps, as does his 'courting' of other nations/continents by taking the WC 'to the world' ... gives them all a chance of hosting it, brown envelopes accepted. Plus most FA's believe the English one to be arrogant, so would never have fully backed us, although our opposition was flawed, mainly by the lateness of it, although for once in my life I am pleased that our FA actually took a stance. Apparently we are pretty much the only country running this story front page right now, the rest of the world seems pretty blasé about the whole thing.

London. What i would ask what is the difference between a brown envolope and corparate hospitality ?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If you think about it, there are 208 member associations, but only about forty with a realistic chance of actually getting to a World Cup finals. The others go through the qualification process, and take FIFA's handouts, knowing it will be their only participation in the competition...

Having already doled out the next two WC's, Blatter has now devolved power to the entire membership of associations, giving them many years headstart in the horsetrading that will inevitably go on, until the WC 2026 destination vote. The system was flawed before, but has now become almost monsterous in it's opacity...

An old engineering maxim, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it...', could be re-engineered to, 'If it's broke, it don't matter if you mulla it even more with a large hammer...' ???

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
We internationally are a minnow.

The other 199 countries don't care what we say, the FA says or Fleet Street says. All very minuscule in the big picture of world football.

Best now to move on and forget about their corrupt ways.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
FIFA has no balls? The FA has no balls....too little too late. Our English football is so crap that pulling out for a few years might give us the breathing space to tell Ferguson to f*** off with his Club over Country bollocks and get on with the business of having an English manager, managing an English team who actually turn up for the event and play....someone who has the balls to tell the Premiership that they come second when it comes to the football of your country! Simples.

(cynical moi?) :lol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I assume Sepp has had a quiet word that the 'investigation' will clear him of all wrongdoing and they can all put their noses back in the trough.

That's going to be difficult - they have already effectively called Warner a liar in the press conference last Sunday, by siding with Blatter over whether Warner informed him of these "payments" before the deed was done. It has almost ruled out any chance of a fair "trial". I suspect he's bidding his time until he's found guilty, then he'll unleash anything he has - of course, he may have nothing else incriminating in writing to produce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here