Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FG on another planet

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Before the predictable chorus of 'why did you have him on?', as I've stated before if I adopt a policy of censorship then that goes against everything I ever believed in when Peter and I started Gulls Eye 15 years ago.
HOWEVER.......even by his own standards FG was with the pixies last night, 'Dick Knight picking the team', 'Mark McGhee merely a puppet' and 'Danny Cullip left to rot in the reserves', at one point I thought he was ringing from his Xmas party!!!!
I've never championed his cause but respected the right to him to have his own views but I am really beginning to question if he is an Albion fan or just a wind up merchant who enjoys the attention.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's just an attention seeker Harty. I respect and agree with your views about censorship but FG just isn't worth the bother. If everybody ignored him he would probably go away. What really bugs me though is that he calls himself a Brighton fan.

:)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have no problem in you having him on Harty.

I think people need to realise though that people such as FG only come on to stir things up and never have a positive word to say about the club.

We should not rise to the bait ! Ignore his childish rants (I presume he is only about 18 anyway).

Anyone who comes on the phone in and doesn't have the balls to use their full name shows what a coward he is.

If we had won 5-0 last night he would still have not been happy.

Feel free to have him on again, but treat his views with the distain they deserve.

PS - Good phone in last night

Andrew (I won't hide behind any pseudonum) !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Being against censorship is one thing but giving that muppet airtime after every game??????

He has nothing intelligent to say so please don't inflict the clown on us again.

BTW-Hugo was right:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The shocker for me was that I had assumed he was some spotty teenager, but hearing him on air made me realise he was actually a lot older, which is a bit worrying. I don't think it's true to call him a wind-up merchant as he's far too serious and dry for that, he's basically just a bitter and deluded person who truly believes in the warped stuff that he spouts.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
I think it's a complete misjudgement by you, Harty, to have him on. You read NSC, you see his posts, you know like the rest of us he's not a fan, merely a wind-up merchant, and, frankly, a rather tiresome one at that. Censorship's got nothing to do with it; it just depends how desperate you are to give him airtime. Think about it - what do most people do when they see his posts? They sigh, raise their eyebrows then move on to the next post, hopefully without actually taking any of that drivel too seriously. So what will people do when they hear the same on your radio show? Exactly the same.

Airtime, unlike NSC, is limited. Use it wisely.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gotsmanov is right.
Both Junior and Duffy were a good balance against FG's drivel last night. They were the two callers either side of FG.

FG is on my ignore list here because I can't be bothered reading his tripe.
It was the same last night.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Harty, FG is a total waste of space. Don't let him on the radio again, I nearly crashed last night on the way home from the game, listening to the idiot on your show, He's a total prat and shouldn't be alowed to call himself a fan. (By the way hope you liked your Christmas card):D

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
As someone stated on the prog he is a polemicist.

Matters not he and his alter ego's on here will moan and moan about DK for the sake of being controversial.

It may be good for your programme but is it good for the club or the players to allow these people the oxygen of publicity?

the subject of DC is because at some point he made it clear he wanted to leave and it was then that the "leave to rot in the reserves" theory came about.

BTW the rules on loans is complicated but its largely short term loans between 28 days and 93 days per season. 8 in a year but no more than 4 at anyone time.

If a player that was on short term loan that then gets signed by the club or gets their loan turned into a long term loan does not count in the 8 above.

Long term loans are only allowed on players who were 23 or under on the 30th of June prior to the start of the season.

Long term loans are only allowed to start between July and December.

There are extra bits and pieces and the full list is here
http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/fans/view/third_feature/0,,10794,00.html

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Scenario is, that unless the death rate in Worthing dictates otherwise, I am at the game, so therefore Colon comes on in my cans 'Next Caller FG', I could refuse to have him on but then we get back to the censorship issue, besides I think he made such a twat of himself last night we won't be hearing from him for quite some time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Harty,

I wouldn't be so sure - he's been spouting that sort of drivel on NSC for several YEARS!

If I come on next week calling myself ADOLF "I HATE BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION" HITLER - you will have me on air and let me spew anonymous, inflamatory nonsense, ... and then have me back next week for more of the same drivel ??

It's not what I call quality broadcasting !

Harty, your first instincts are totally right, don't censor FG - that would be a sledgehammer to crack a nut, er, so to speak.

So FG proves that not every Albion fan is a footballing genius and/or cheery soul. Oh well, never mind, the club will survive that I think.

If he keeps ringing up, let him on now and then if he behaves himself, ie. doesn't start causing trouble for you or the programme. A phone-in should give some space for critics of the club managemen teven if they voice unpopular views, that's only healthy and democratic.

You should apply the same rule to FG as to other regular callers, only have them on very frequently if they are capable of making original points. I'm not sure FG quite manages that, so a sensible rationing of his appearances seems the obvious solution.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's a shame that FG doesn't say something different occasionally. His posting's on here have become exceedingly repetitive of late, to the extent that you know what's in them before even reading them - "Dick Tight....., pipedream......, McGoo...., Dean Wilkins...., blah-blah" snore..........

I agree with Harty that censorship is not what the phone-in is about, so I hope that FG will censor himself by not bothering to call in....., unless he has something different to say, or has a valid point. However I suspect that that won't be the case.

But think on this, FG does make people talk about the Albion. Is that so bad?

:glare:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When FG was banned from NSC he put forward a very eloquent case for re-admission. He is capable of spelling correctly and using capital letters when he has to. What concerns me more is his casual racism and undertones of bigotry.

I have never seen him post anything positive, even after we won the championships.

The sad thing is that he is under an illusion that his FG persona is very satirical, and secretly thinks that many on NSC get the joke, with him being the David Brent of the internet. Tragically he is as far from the target as a David Lee cross

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So I can I post this here as well?

Thanks!

FG1.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry but a word of support for Harty here. How many other phone-ins attract complete idiots? Colonel "they all want hanging" types or some of the armchair ManUre fans who ring up You're on Sky Sports?

If you refuse to take FGs calls then where do you draw the line? Besides which it seems like FG's doing a great job of showing himself up as a class A nob.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FG is trying to obtain a certian notoriety for himself and I am afraid you have fallen hook, link and sinker for his wind up Harty, actively encouraging him to phone in.

Next time he's on ask him to debate the points direct to Knight or McGhee and see if his bottle holds.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also Harty if you want to give air time to someone who has constantly being trying to derail the Falmer campaign and has done to damage that campaign than the anti-Falmer brigade put together fine..

He should be chairman of the anti-Falmer campaign.

As a 110% Albion fan I would have thought you would pull the plug on him at the earliest opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here