Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just had a quick browse at the Financial fair play rules. First thing that struck me was I thought undisclosed transfer fees would be a thing of the past as they have to be accounted for. How come we are still doing this then if FFP has already started?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. FFP currently only in monitoring phase.

2. All fees are disclosed to footballing authorities, including the Football League, who will monitor FFP.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Can't say I know a lot about it but is there anything stopping a rich owner sponsoring their stadium? Could Abromovich for example rename Stanford Bridge for say £500 million?

Dec 29, 2011
Can't say I know a lot about it but is there anything stopping a rich owner sponsoring their stadium? Could Abromovich for example rename Stanford Bridge for say £500 million?

Manchester City's stadium "The Etihad" is sponsored by a company that is owned by their owners, so the owners are literally paying themselves. Things like this make a mocker of FFP and shows there will be many loopholes to close in the coming years.

Surely as long as the owners choose the right option or "are you a fit and proper person to own and run a football club - Y/N" it will all be alright?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here