Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Few Spurs things .......

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

What was being said between Keane and the lot behind the goal at our corner ?

Why did Keane take more abuse than other Spurs players ? Even before he scored.

What a free kick by Chippie - and what a celebration by Knight - you'd have thought he scored.

What a shame we couldn't hear Bobby Smith properly - I think we should have kept quiet when he was talking. He was an Albion legend.

Great ground - I assume Spurs fans are usually more vocal than that - and no sign of any problems that I saw.

GOSBTS is a great song to sing.

Strange geezer doing the TV style half time scores.

But a great day out. Great performance by all the players.

Also I heard MM took all the players and playing staff out for a meal earlier in the week to say well done for the Christmas games. Paid for out of his own pocket. He is an Albion legend.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Keane thing was funny and was he taking the piss out of someones blue hooded top, Keane continued this as he ran away back up pitch!!

Made me laugh anyway!

:lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Northstander said:
The Keane thing was funny and was he taking the piss out of someones blue hooded top, Keane continued this as he ran away back up pitch!!

Made me laugh anyway!

:lolol:

:dunce:

Just re-read that...

should read ....He was NOT... was he?

:shootself

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Bobbt Smith DID get a great reception from our fans, which he gratefully acknowledged. Unfortunately they did the interviews just as we were getting going and the noise was deafening but by then we couldn't stop it.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Dick Knights Mum said:
and well done to balloonboy and all the others who brought the balloons - it all added to the occasion.

Hear Hear :lolol:

(Good piccie on the official web site, plus front page of the Argus today)

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
Strange geezer doing the TV style half time scores.

That "strange geezer" is called Pete someone and does the sports roundup on the early morning (Brazil & Beecroft) show on TalkSport

Has a great voice for radio, but admittedly looks like an 80s throwback :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
balloonboy said:
Hear Hear :lolol:

(Good piccie on the front page of the Argus today)

Apart from the bloke in the chav cap that is.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's Pete Abbott

Pete Abbott profile

5933oh.jpg

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Have been on spurs web sites before and after the game and it seems they are almost always that quiet. Their fans were apologising but saying thats the way it is. Amazing!!! Highbury is supposedly the Library (even though two times I have been there it was pretty good - Man U and Juventus - so it should have been). Went to Chelsea a couple of times last year and hte atmosphere was pants there as well. Why is there no atmosphere at our biggest clubs?? Is it a southeren thing as I have never been to any of the top boys in the north??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Richie Morris said:
Ive been to St James park and there is certainly at atmosphere at their games.

I'm sure there will be when Manure go there for the replay.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Roger, wait till we get Falmer, then we will prove that Southern supporters can create a good atmosphere, it will be so loud that you will get a pair of ear plugs with your ticket...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Gwylan said:
I'm sure there will be when Manure go there for the replay.

Even with a hand full off tickets?

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Gully said:
Roger, wait till we get Falmer, then we will prove that Southern supporters can create a good atmosphere, it will be so loud that you will get a pair of ear plugs with your ticket...

I hope so - I used to go to The Goldstone in the 80's so I do know a good brighton atmosphere. I noticed we were voted best fans in something a few months ago - What was it ?, Why are we there?Do we have more passion than people think being conservative southerners?? I have also noticed Portsmouth fans and they are superb. Last game at home to Arsenal and 4 - 0 down (I think) and the ground was rocking and the best bit was they did not miss one fking beat or word in their singing when the next goal went in - fking top fans. Respect....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wardywonderland said:
Even with a hand full off tickets?

There certainly won't be any atmosphere from the prawn sandwich brigade...I was thinking of the Exeter fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here