Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Festival-closing firework display - Sunday evening @ The Marina

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'd been to a couple before last year's effort, and had been a bit disappointed, so was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be MEGATASTIC!!!!

35 minutes of non-stop pyrotechnic wizardry!

Don't know if this year's is by the same bods, but will be there in any case

Normally kicks off around 9.30pm-ish

Stunning!

D

Deleted User X18H

I might take the kids.We have had a Topsy turvy day. Might just head to the pier watch from there.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Would love to but Mrs is not a firework person.
Maybe I should send her up?

D

Deleted User X18H

We will watch from Attic room now .......doubt we will see much. Might hear some!

D

Deleted User X18H

What an amazingly still night could hear all the fireworks and music from about 2 miles away. Sounded good!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I had gone to the cinema and came out with full intention to go home, when my exhaust fell off the car meaning I had to wait 2 hours for them to sort it out. The big upside was the fact that I got to watch the display.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Fireworks are the most boring, predictable, tedious, moronic form of entertainment it is possible to put on. I just can't see why anyone would find them remotely worth watching after they've watched their first display at the age of about three.

this /\

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Went down there last night in good time, and was treated to a sensational display, albeit a ten minute one, that was better than last year's in content, if considerably shorter...

Swings and roundabouts and all that :smile:

What did surprise me though was a lack of people who were actually there ???
The Big Splash day at The Marina was scheduled to finish about 6.30pm., so perhaps people didn't hang around. Coupled to this that not a lot was written about it in the programme, so perhaps people just weren't aware?

Ho hum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here