Votes: 26 33.3%
  • No lets keep up the boring threads.

Votes: 52 66.7%

• Total voters

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Must be honest I'm bored of it all, how can they be rivals when you can't get a ticket to watch the game.

Better rivalry with Saints, who cares about Palace, small minded club who don't care about us so why bother about them.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
What an odd man the OP is. We will NEVER stop talking about our biggest rivals. I have a radical idea, if you don't like it, then go away.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What an odd man the OP is. We will NEVER stop talking about our biggest rivals. I have a radical idea, if you don't like it, then go away.

Quite right. I won't stop talking about Palace either. I got Palace on the brain. Salako, Bright and Wright posters on the wall. Membership card to the Palace Guard in my wallet. Can't stop thinking about Palace.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To be fair, people do bang on about Palace too much on here and Palace fans get way too much leeway. I hope we kick the window fitters arses and it dies down tbh.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No, No joke. I use to live in Croydon and the rivalry and banter was brilliant but now it's all just bollocks.

What's wrong with drawing graphs comparing average home attendances between the two respective clubs over the last three decades? Is that not banter?!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No, No joke. I use to live in Croydon and the rivalry and banter was brilliant but now it's all just bollocks.

Rivalry against a club who you can't get to see what a complete and utter load of bollocks. What a cracking atmosphere it's going to be infront of 7k empty seats.

The amount of tickets we've been given is a farce for sure. I didn't get a ticket- I knew that there was no point even trying as I am not a STH, but that's the way it goes unfortunately. Gone are the days when you can turn up to any Albion game with no worries about tickets selling out, which is a shame, but it shows just how much we are progressing as a club.
Anyhoo, this is still the big game for me and it always will be. I'll be furiously hunting down live streams online and tuning into the commentary praying that we can go some way to undoing the damage of a few months ago. It doesn't compare to being there, obviously, but I will be celebrating as if I was there if we come away with three points.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The amount of tickets we've been given is a farce for sure. I didn't get a ticket- I knew that there was no point even trying as I am not a STH, but that's the way it goes unfortunately. Gone are the days when you can turn up to any Albion game with no worries about tickets selling out, which is a shame, but it shows just how much we are progressing as a club.
Anyhoo, this is still the big game for me and it always will be. I'll be furiously hunting down live streams online and tuning into the commentary praying that we can go some way to undoing the damage of a few months ago. It doesn't compare to being there, obviously, but I will be celebrating as if I was there if we come away with three points.
While I agree with you, for the games I can't make they are all a challenge to get the best coverage. This Palace farce has just totally pissed me off, yes it means the world but if you can't be there it's just a joke and becomes another game, sorry to disagree but while the fans understand what it is all about the clubs don't give a f***.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Must be honest I'm bored of it all, how can they be rivals when you can't get a ticket to watch the game.

Better rivalry with Saints, who cares about Palace, small minded club who don't care about us so why bother about them.

You do know the history I take it ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think all the S**T on here about Palace is ruining this site. It is getting too much. Surely the best way to be a rival is to not mention them at all.

Those that need to do it fill your boots between now and Tuesday, after that just forget about them.

Of course you could just not open any threads that are obviously about Palace ( and most of the time they ARE very obvious ) !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a very simple solution, just don't open the threads that are clearly about you know who. Beats me how some people who think they're fans don't seem to understand rivalry. There are many here who are old enough to remember our epic rivalry of the late 70s and early 80s, these posts are here for a reason, it's not sentiment.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Rivalry against a club who you can't get to see what a complete and utter load of bollocks. What a cracking atmosphere it's going to be infront of 7k empty seats.

Perhaps if you went to watch your own club more, you could have racked up enough loyalty points to get a ticket.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perhaps if you went to watch your own club more, you could have racked up enough loyalty points to get a ticket.

Exactly, mind you, if you were a P*lace fan they'd pay you to attend.

not always the case Al, For example a ST holder that has been to every league game and most of the aways within say a 100 radius but has paid on the gate or picked up a spare or whatever would still have been in the last wave and most likely have missed out, I'm not gonna cry like a baby, I got off my arse, got one in your end safe in the knowledge that I'm a grown man I'm not gonna antagonise anyone regardless of the result, and I'm confident that I wont be on here wednesday morning reporting that 'a bigger boy' punched me in the back of the head whilst I was standing round 'minding my own business'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here