Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
They got a 6000+ crowd today! In the North West Counties Second Division.

Fair play to them I say.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
what was the occasion? have they just been promoted? not surprised you know-their is a massive anti-glazier movement in manc at the moment and i believe that the number of man utd fans boycotting old trafford is on the increase every week-its always on the local news up here anyway

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
butchy said:
what was the occasion? have they just been promoted? not surprised you know-their is a massive anti-glazier movement in manc at the moment and i believe that the number of man utd fans boycotting old trafford is on the increase every week-its always on the local news up here anyway

Yeah, first home game since promotion - got the cup.

The only thing that worries me about FC United is that they seem to get bigger crowds at Gigg Lane than Bury do.

The two clubs have now signed a three year ground sharing agreement.

Don't we 'own' seats at Gigg Lane?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can anyone imagine a load of Albion fans forming a breakaway team, let's call them FC Albion, if a rich American bought into our team. Frankly I can't, they would be welcomed with open arms, maybe I missed the point but I couldn't see the fuss about the Glaziers investing in Man Utd.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gully said:
Can anyone imagine a load of Albion fans forming a breakaway team, let's call them FC Albion, if a rich American bought into our team. Frankly I can't, they would be welcomed with open arms, maybe I missed the point but I couldn't see the fuss about the Glaziers investing in Man Utd.

They didnt really "invest" though did they. They simply borrowed shit loads of money to buy the club and then put all the debts under the name of the club. I wouldnt be impressed if it happened to us in that way.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
chez said:
They didnt really "invest" though did they. They simply borrowed shit loads of money to buy the club and then put all the debts under the name of the club. I wouldnt be impressed if it happened to us in that way.

They played the game. The same as Utd played the game floating on the stock market in the first place to make shit loads of money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FC United are club of the year IMO. If you look at their constitution, it is a true fans based club. And supporting them is the way it should be, terraces, piss ups and 90 minutes of singing.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Only £7 to watch a game of footie and yesterday under 18s got in free. That's the way to build a fanbase.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry guys, but the larger clubs are generally urinating on those below them from a height, we live in their shadow and have to bark to their tune. When it gets a bit tough for one of the giants I can't find it in my heart to be overly sympathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here