Fawlty Towers Experience

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
phat baz was going to i think but dont know if he did
ps please pm me to let me know how it went coz i was maybee gonna go

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A friend of mine did that a few years ago, Manuel dropped a small rodent of some kind under her table and then repeatedly rubbed her leg "looking for it".

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I went on Tuesday night with and I can confirm that Manuel does indeed "lose" a rodent under the table and indeed does stroke a woman's leg looking for it. That woman on Tuesday was Mrs Alfie22! In terms of review I guess I should put it in the "Restaurant 2012" thread but seeing as you asked;

Starter - Tomato soup - not bad, probably out of a tin with a bit of seasoning added (Manuel adds Basil in a unique way)
Main - Chicken supreme - couple of people on our table felt this was too spicy but I quite liked it, vegetables were a little on the under-cooked side mind
Dessert - Chocolate torte - A bit of a slither size portion but nice enough

It's £45 a head and there was nothing on that menu (it was set) that I couldn't have done myself and if I'd had it in a non-performance eating out setting I wouldn't have paid more than £20 for it. That leaves £25 for the "show" which is probably about right - it's pretty funny, Manuel is excellent, Basil good, Sybil a little bit like that woman who banged the glockenspiel in Grease! I'll probably get tickets for my parents in December so I guess that means I'd recommend it for overall night out. Just don't expect fine dining.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Germans: "Vill you stop talking about ze vor!"

Basil: "Well you started it."

Germans: "Ve did not start it!"

Basil: "Yes you did. You invaded Poland!"

:clap:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.
I can't read that, I'll need my glasses...

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Can we get you something else, Mr. Hutchinson? A tea cosy for your pepper pot, perhaps?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Went with my wife and another couple, all really enjoyed it.

The previous review of the food is about right. It is adequate. You have to order drinks with the meal and they are pretty expensive : £20 a bottle.

Thought the entertainment was excellent, we were all in fits especially towards the end.

Basil - "Vegetarian! What kind of man are you?"

Highly recommended especially if you are a fan of the series.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It didn't cost me anything like that, in fact it was free when they used to do this at the old Clock Tower cafe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here