Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Friendly Mutton Chaps

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Beard are evil, and I am a philistine that does not appreciate facial hair

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
A simple enough question - what is your favourite styke of FACIAL HAIR?

THE FULL BEARD
Seen here modelled by cricketing God Mushtaq Ahmed, this is the original and most widely-associated type of beard, which covers the entire facial-hair area
_39333346_ahmed300.jpg

THE CLASSIC MOUSTACHE
A fading accesory in the world of facial hair, this effort is rarely seen among the young today, but is considered to be more of an old-persons style. The once-desired design has been done a certain dis-service due to its now common association with Hitler
Hitler.jpg

THE GOATEE
Seen here in the original style, the goatee is modelled on the classic style often seen on the farm yard animal of a goat. The goatee consists of hair under the chin, and has often been combined with a moustache to complete a square of hair around the mouth. Baseball sensation Reed Johnson can be seen modelling the "under the chin" style
original.aspx

THE WIZARD
A beard rarely seen among the world these days, it appears to have been confined to the world of wizardry and fairy tales. Combining all features of a beard, this one is grown to a ridiculous length and instantly releases connotations of magic and bravery. Here, Michael Gambon demonstrates through his portrayal of Dumbledore in the latest Harry Potter movie
_39367963_dumbledore.jpg

THE WRAP AROUND
The wrap around has grown in popularity among the younger generations in recent years, and features all the hallmarks of the classic beard, except minus the moustached characteristic. Wrestler Matt Hardy demonstrates this style
121125381_4b8af23a38.jpg

THE SOUL PATCH
The soul patch consists of a small patch of hair positioned directly below the mouth area, with the rest of the face being clean shaven. It can also be combined with the moustache, as demonstrated here by country westen superstar Billy Ray Cyrus
brc-sb.jpg

THE MUTTON CHOPS
A form of side burns, the mutton chops reach down further than you would expect of the normal sideburns, and peak into a wider brim at the base. Rare these days, they have become stereotypically associated with farming. Baseball pitcher Dustin McGowan is seen with his superstituous version
s052853A.jpg

THE FRIENDLY MUTTON CHOPS
A spin-off of the mutton chops, the friendly mutton chops are becoming more and more used in the world of beards. They extend the sideburns down to create a link with a moustache, with a clean shaven chin ensuring a bridge is xcreate between the sideburns. Here, wrestler Triple H models
triple_h_sledgehammer.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I always liked the SCSA-esque goatee as modelled here:

200px-StoneColdSteveAustinPortrait.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
One like doug's.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why is there no option for triangular?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
saqlain_cap.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ex beard wearer I had a goatee for quite a while but I shaved it off as it didn't tickle everybodys' fancy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When does a beard get classed as a beard?

My fave is when I haven't shaved for about 5 to 10 days, not not enough to cover my chin but too long for most razors.

That's the George Michael look :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i quite like a longer version of the mutton chops, which reach round and have a small gap under the mouth - country western sideburns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here