Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite t.v comedy lines

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
One more from Alan Partridge.

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say "You look nice... John""

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I didn't know he was dead.
Just because a guest isn't singing oh what a beautiful morning, I don't think , oh there's another one snuffed it in the night.
The sign says faulty towers hotel,
Perhaps I should change it to fawlty towers hotel for guests with less that a 50% chance of making it through the night

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
"I don't care if you are related to the Surrey Trotters, the Berkshire Trotters, or the Harlem bloody Globetrotters!"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bernard Manning on Brass Eye:

One young kiddie on Cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt.

It's a f***ing disgrace.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Mrs. Richards: When I pay for a room with a view, I expect something more interesting than that.
Basil: That is Torquay madam.
Mrs. Richards: Well it's not good enough.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?
Mrs. Richards: Don't be silly. I expect to be able to see the sea.
Basil: You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.

Grandad: [talking to the Police] Rodney's got a police record!
Del Boy: [quickly] Yes, er... it's "Walking on the Moon"."

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Quite possibly the best comedy dialogue ever, not a word wasted :

From Blackadder, series 2, "Bells" : Blackadder goes to the doctor about fancying Bob/Kate

Doc : Now then what seems to be the trouble?
Edmond: Well, it's my man servant.
Doc : I see. Well don't be embarrassed if you got the pocks. Just pop your man servant on the table and we'll take a look at him.
Edmond: No, I mean, it is my real man servant.
Doc: Ah, ah. And what is wrong with him?
Edmond: There is nothing wrong with him. That is the problem. He's perfect and last night I almost kissed him.
Doc: I see. So you started fancying boys then, have you?
Edmond: Not boys. A boy.
Doc: Yes, well let's not split hairs. It is all rather disgusting and naturally you're worried.
Edmond: Of course I'm worried.
Doc: Well, of course you are. It isn't every day a man wakes up to discover he's a screaming bender with no more right to live on Gods clean earth than a weazle. Ashamed of your self?
Edmond: Not really, no.
Doc: Bloody hell! I would be. But still why should I complain? Just leaves more rampant totty for us real men, eh?
Edmond: Look, am I paying for this personal abuse or is it extra?
Doc: No, it's all part of the service. I think you're in luck though. An extraordinary new cure has just been developed for exactly this kind of sordid problem.
Edmond: It wouldn't have anything to do with leeches, would it?
Doc: I had no idea you were a medical man.
Edmond: Never had anything you doctors didn't try to cure with leeches. A leech on my ear for ear ache, a leech on my bottom for constipation.
Doc: They're marvellous, aren't they?
Edmond: Well, the bottom one wasn't. I just sat there and squashed it.
Doc: You know the leech comes to us on the highest authority?
Edmond: Yes. I know that. Dr. Hoffmann of Stuttgart, isn't it?
Doc: That's right, the great Hoffmann.
Edmond: Owner of the largest leech farm of Europe.
Doc: Yes. Well, I cannot spend all day gossiping. I'm a busy man. As far as this case is concerned I have now had time to think it over and I can strongly recommend a course of leeches. [in chorus]
Edmond: Yes. I 'll pop a couple down my codpiece before I go to bed.
Doc: No, no, no, no. Don't be ridiculous. This isn't the dark ages. Just pop four in your mouth in the morning and let them dissolve slowly.
In a couple of weeks you 'll be beating your servant with a stick, just like the rest of us.
Edmond: You're just a quack, aren't you?
Doc: I'd rather be a quack than a ducky. Good day.

But having said that, dip into any Blackadder script and you'll come out with at least half a dozen superb lines.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
'In the words of the great Esther Rantzen- Thats Life!' Spoken by Rowan Atkinson as part of a sketch but cant remember what context.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Blackadder goes forth - Rik Mayall as captain Flashard - "Treat your kite like your woman and get inside her twice a day and take her to heaven and back"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
"The Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers

German Guest: Well you started it
Basil: No we didn't you invaded Poland

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Another from Blackadder Goes Forth. gain, just about a perfect routine, ever word counts.

Mary: And no casual girlfriends...?

Edmund: Skirt? Hah! If only... When I joined up, we were still fighting colonial wars. If you saw someone in a skirt, you shot him and nicked his country. What about you? Have you got a man? Some fine fellow in an English country village? A vicar, maybe? Quiet, gentle, hung like a babboon...

Mary: There was a man I cared for a little. Wonderful chap -- strong, athletic...

Edmund: What happened to him?

Mary: He bought it.

Edmund: I'm so sorry; I didn't realise that was the arrangement. .... Erm, so what's it been? Twelve nights, let's say nine afternoons... How much is--? Oh, and a couple of mornings...

Mary: I mean he died.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Prison doc- are you, or have you ever been a practicing homosexual?

Norman Stanley fletcher- what with these feet?

Prison doc- o.k could you urinate into that beaker please.

Norman Stanley fletcher- What? From here?

Sent by Derek Acorah via the spirit world.

And from that same scene,

Godber - What's a practising homosexual Fletch?

Norman Stanley Fletcher - That's one who hasn't got it quite right yet!

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To continue the thread starter "well he pinched ma fags man".

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Baldrick Blackadder 2 : "Not to worry, my Lord. The arrow didn't in fact, enter my body. No. By a thousand to one chance, my willy got in the way."

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
And another from Partridge as its St Patricks day this week:

"What does Ireland mean to me: Gap Toothed Simpletons, horses running wild through council estates, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmaced drives and men in platform shoes planting bombs"
TV Producers: "But we're from the South, Dublin"
Partridge "Yeah, well thats where you make them"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gangsta, stop getting Partridge wrong!

It's "planting bombs, lots of rocks and, er, BEAMISH! I think people are saying "Yes, there's more to Ireland than this"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here