Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite Bob Marley song

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Something to warm you lot up in the snow perhaps, and make you think of sunnier days - what's your favourite Bob Marley song?
For me, at the moment, it would have to be Rebel Music,. I've been flogging the whole album to death in the motor but the opening title track is a gem...
Bob Marley:bowdown:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oddly enough I picked up the remastered and re-worked version of "legend" recently.

There are some brilliant remixes of most tracks - except "get up stand up"- but I loved Buffalo soldier and Exodus particularly. The bassline on Exodus is just immense.

Cheating a bit I know but then so was "sun is shining" and Iron...

Get it if you see it. Quality stuff.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRlmCko58o

Met the good man in 1980 at the back of the Brighton Center, after the second night...!!

Ive got a good mix of the Heathen rhythm...shows how one rhythm can create a whole heap of songs..
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDVF3V6C

Single track mp3 mix
I was impressed the first time you mentioned it mate and remain so - respect....
The power of the man's music is personified in the first 6 posts on this thread being for different sings with sixth naming 4!
Something for everyone with dear old Bob, RIP.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We (KingTafariLove) used to have a sweet Marley 45 that was issued for radio promotions...
Started off with Bob speaking over the Jamming rhythm, then went into Waiting in Vain...
We lent it to 12 tribes sound in London (JahRevelation) and it came back cracked :-(

I met Damian In Germany, and conversation was like this..

Me: I met your dad in 1980..

Damian: Really..?

Me: Yeah, so what? he didnt mention it?

He saw the funny side of it :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No woman No cry

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
For me his greatest work is Hammer

[yt]8Q0VCbnhF90[/yt]

But I've always loved Mellow Mood

[yt]fOniR2N63zQ[/yt]

AND Mr Chatterbox

[yt]W5w66U7b7yI[/yt]

All pretty f***ing SUPERCOOL

I'd also recommend the live version of Stir It Up from the Babylon By Bus album for anyone that's not heard it. Takes the tune to another dimension.

I was lucky enough to stay in Kingston for a while a few years back and stayed in Marley Manor on Marley Street - they are UTTERLY obsessed with him, and rightly so, back in Jamaica.

Total hero

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[yt]mpZO-VHBefs[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here