Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Father-in-Laws (Blokes only)

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
How do you get on with your Father-in-Law ??. Do you feel like he is glaring at you because you are sticking one up his daughter or is it high-fives every time you meet ????:lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nice enough bloke

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Im one the 2nd one and he is an engineer who helpd me fix things, much better than the 1st one who was a teacher who shouted all the time because he thought he was in the classroom

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
As i said earlier, my girlfriend spent ages telling my that he'll probably be really quiet and off with me coz thats what he is normally like with her sisters boyfriends, but I acctually get on with him really well, although ive only met him a couple of times!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My father-in-law is a great bloke. We get on fine - even if he does support Millwall.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
My ex-Father-in-law was a nice bloke, little bit middle class and proper like but nice bloke.

My (now ex-) wife's sister was a lap dancer and I'd been to a few of her clubs when she was working there (with my wife I must add) and of course seen her "working". I remember sitting there one Christmas looking at their dad thinking "If only you knew I'd seen both your daughters naked!"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mine died before I met his daughter.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've got 2 Father's-in-law.

My wife's father and her step father (Her parent's divorced before I met her).

They both refer to me as their son-in-law.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
her dads a top man.we've got similar humour (mostly toilet). i'm off to the cricket with him later

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
her dads a top man.we've got similar humour (mostly toilet). i'm off to the cricket with him later

Look out for laura doing barmaiding in one of the bars Guy.

:drink::drink::drink::drink:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave, you might be a father-in-law to a bloke one day!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My youngest has been going out with a lad for well over a year now...if she still feels the same after Uni, I recon that will be a wedding ( one in the UK and one in the Phillipines)

Start saving up now I think.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

He died a few years ago but he was a nice old boy, we got on really well.

He was Polish, came to the UK during the war, met a Brighton girl at the Regency Ballroom, got married, joined the Polish airforce and flew Spitfires. Or, rather, crashed Spitfires.

Coming back from a sortie he ran out of fuel (I have a sneaking suspicion he might have had a bit too much personal fuel inside him, he was Polish after all!) and crossing the coast at Pevensey he saw a flat field with a big hedge at the end of it that he thought would be ideal to land on - the hedge would stop him. What he didn't see till he hit it was the stone wall on the other side of the hedge.

He wrote off his aircraft and nearly himself. Horrendous burns, he was rushed to East Grinstead hospital and became one of the first guinea pigs at the experimental burns unit there.

I don't think he'd really told anyone the story until that Christmas Day after lunch when he opened up to me over a bottle of brandy while his wife and daughter were sleeping on the sofa.

36 hours later he was dead.

It was an privilege to have known him.

R.I.P. Mike :angel: (except he definitely wasn't an angel!)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
.....I don't think he'd really told anyone the story until that Christmas Day after lunch when he opened up to me over a bottle of brandy while his wife and daughter were sleeping on the sofa.

36 hours later he was dead.QUOTE]

That's a special memory for you, makes you wonder if he knew what was coming, knew his time was nearly up and wanted to get it off his chest. Hero all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here