A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
"Person hit by a train near Streatham"

Big delays. Hopefully early enough not to affect the commute home tonight

Southern

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Dont want to curse it but trains have been pretty good the past month or so, compared to the tunnel collapses and landslides earlier this year.
Luckily tonight staying up in London for work xmas party.

Is it a fatality ? Suicide ?- used to be of the opinion that people that jumped in front of trains were being slightly selfish. However thinking about it and especially after Gary Speeds suicide and the manner he allowed his wife to find him, i think its more of the person being in such a dark dark place all rational thinking dissapears.

Anyway RIP to who ever is involved, and anyone trying to get home hope its not too lenghthy a delay and a safe journey back

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm on my way into Brighton now, taken about an 1hr 15mins to get down from the smoke. Been on three different trains though, as the op says allow plenty of time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... i think its more of the person being in such a dark dark place all rational thinking dissapears.

imo the effort and degree of thought and planning involved in suicide by train, is all rather rational. on the other hand, its certainly not a cry for help.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dont want to curse it but trains have been pretty good the past month or so, compared to the tunnel collapses and landslides earlier this year.

Is it a fatality ? Suicide ?- used to be of the opinion that people that jumped in front of trains were being slightly selfish. However thinking about it and especially after Gary Speeds suicide and the manner he allowed his wife to find him, i think its more of the person being in such a dark dark place all rational thinking dissapears.

Anyway RIP to who ever is involved, and anyone trying to get home hope its not too lenghthy a delay and a safe journey back

Chaos yesterday as signals failed under the unrelenting rain.

6.03 terminated a few stops short and got home 1.5 hours late. You take it on the chin (or go mad) but it's still a pain in the a$$

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Chaos yesterday as signals failed under the unrelenting rain.

6.03 terminated a few stops short and got home 1.5 hours late. You take it on the chin (or go mad) but it's still a pain in the a$$

Yeah agree its a pain in the ass (delays). Mrs came up with me today and she cant beleive i do this every day. However once into a routine and if all runs on time, i honestly dont mind it

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

In my view of 23 years commuting Shoreham to London Bridge, this past year has possibly been the worst. 3 hours last night after the signal failure at Balcombe metioned above. My day is long enough as it is, I can do without it. However, it does look like todays Streatham one, isn't affecting too many that go our way.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
The bird that jumped under my mates train last month was certainly crying for help,for about 45 minutes until she died,split from fanny to armpit.

is it true the deal train drivers get. 1 suicide is 6 months paid off work, 2 suicides 1 year off, and the misfortune of having a 3rd person jump in front of your train is fully paid up instant retirement?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I was told that Southwick station is listed on a suicide site as one of the more effective stations to jump under a train. This may be due to the fact that some fast trains do not stop there and it may explain why there where two deaths there earlier this year.

In my view of 23 years commuting Shoreham to London Bridge, this past year has possibly been the worst. 3 hours last night after the signal failure at Balcombe metioned above. My day is long enough as it is, I can do without it. However, it does look like todays Streatham one, isn't affecting too many that go our way.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The bird that jumped under my mates train last month was certainly crying for help,for about 45 minutes until she died,split from fanny to armpit.

A lot of people just assume that jumping in front of a train is going to be a gauranteed instant death but there's a lot of cases like your mates where that does'nt happen and it leads to a very slow painful death, The first one I ever dealt with took her 6 weeks to die so I was told.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I was told that Southwick station is listed on a suicide site as one of the more effective stations to jump under a train. This may be due to the fact that some fast trains do not stop there and it may explain why there where two deaths there earlier this year.

We certainly had one under oour train at Southwick a few weeks ago. Third time it's happened to a train I've been on - although that's the first jumper, the other two were accidents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here