Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Facebook users

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just a word of warning to all users of facebook!! the hackers are getting better and craftier at getting access into peoples accounts...

I received an E-mail from what i assumed, a friend that looked fine to open..

i.e Joe Bloggs Check out my new photo's

So i opened it to have a look but there was nothing there so then just deleted it... couple of days later went to log on to my account and bingo, i can't get in my account has been hacked and my E-mail passwords changed, and now my contacts are receiving E-mails from my good self saying.....You guessed it "check out my new photo's" which are not from me.

SO BE WARNED

regards to all
muzzy

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Internet hacker pretends to be someone else shock! :ohmy:

That's the oldest trick in the book, surely? Hardly getting better and craftier?

But thanks for the tip off, though! :thumbsup:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
that is all the e-mail says:

name of sender (my contact) check out my new photo's

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
:

That's the oldest trick in the book, surely? Hardly getting better and craftier?

:

I am very weary about all E-mails tbh... but when i receive one from a contact that says to me, hey m8 have a look at pics i've taken, i would imagine most people would open it without too much concern....
on this occasion i was obviously wrong... usually i smell a rat if an e-mail is not quite what it seems and just delete them! IMO this one was clever and my guess is that it would fool a lot of people.

bloody computers lol, all this hacker wanted was my gaming poker chips ffs...

BTW does anybody know how to contact the mods at facebook? or tell me how i can retrieve my facebook acct?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Oh come on. The people getting hacked are the people clicking on dodgy links such as 'Italian Model gets her TITS out on TV'. If you check the url before you click on these things, you'l see that its not a facebook address.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There's nothing on my FB page that is in anyway secret, sensitive or of any interest or concern to anyone. Anyone hacking my account will just see pics of me, my mates, a few football shirts and footie stadiums. Quite what they could do with that I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here