Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Cheshire Dolphin: Re trouble at Brentford

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Why has your thread about Tuesday night been removed?
I wondered if you could possibly come on the phone-in tomorrow and recount what happened to you, my reason for this is because this is history clearly repeating itself. When we wet up to Griffin Park in March 1988 the coppers completely overeacted and at least 40 Albion fans were arrested and charged and subsequently banned from the Goldstone for periods ranging from 6 months to 2 years.
It sounds like you have had the thin end of the wedge and at the very least I will speak to Martin Perry possibly on air to find out if he's going to do anything about it.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Cheshire Is in London for the weekend! Probably away from a PC (Hard to believe I know)

I'll let him know and see if he wants/can recount the events of Tuesday on the phone in

I have no doubt that he will as they got well and truly shafted by over zealous policing

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Harty,
Not as serious but an incident we were involved in with the cops was equally annoying.

My 10 yr old Nephew had his foot stood on by a huge bloke in a real hurry to get out of the ground, ok accidents happen, but unknown to us at the time he had broken two toes and cracked a bone in his foot, he was visibly in a lot of distress.

My Brother in Law and I were carrying him between us and tried to take a shortcut down past the home fans to the train station I was pulled back by a copper by the lapel of my jacket causing my nephew to fall to the ground.

When I asked him why he had done that I was told that we could not go down there, he could see that my nephew was in a lot of pain and as I was telling him this another one grabbed my arm and told me I was drunk, and if I didn't do what I was told I would be charged.

There were very few home vans on the particular road, and a Brentford fan even offered to walk to the station with us.
I wouldnt imagine too many people having a go at two blokes carrying a visibly distressed child.

We had to take a long way round to the train station, by which time my nephew was very upset about the whole incident.

I have written to Brentford FC about this and also complained to the Police with the number of the officer but it is still early days.

I know that 9 times out of 10 they use common sense, but the whole policing situation seemed way over the top to me

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
The police we asked directions too pointed us straight down a road where all the home fans were coming out of the ground! There's absolutely no logic behind their thinking...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The policeman I asked for directions had a pillow case over his head and was carrying a burning crucifix.

Which I found slightly odd.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bry Nylon said:
The policeman I asked for directions had a pillow case over his head and was carrying a burning crucifix.

Which I found slightly odd.

Brilliant Bry

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Bloody funny, Bry!

But on a serious note, where has my thread gone? I sincerely hope it's not fallen victim to VTS, (Vanishing Thread Syndrome), as it was a wealth of information on Tuesday night's goings on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hmmm ... maybe now Princess Di is off the scene M15 have taken to monitoring NSC ...
If the thread has disappeared, try sending a PM to 'readingstockport' and 'PC Plodster' as they seemed to be well clued up on the in's and out's of dealing with the Metropolitan Stormtroopers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here