Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Authors Of 'Build A Bonfire' - An Ultimatum

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Either you do a a reprint of the bastard thing within six months of the Falmer decision, or a campaign will be organised to manually scan in and make available to the Albion faithful each individual page online. In weekly instalments if need be.

You have been warned ;)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's begin!

Front Cover:

10112005074135pm0ct.jpg

I tell's ya, it would be an absolute piece of piss to reproduce the whole thing on here, page by page, so get on the fuckin' CASE whydoncha!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Tom Hark said:
Either you do a a reprint of the bastard thing within six months of the Falmer decision, or a campaign will be organised to manually scan in and make available to the Albion faithful each individual page online. In weekly instalments if need be.

You have been warned ;)

I was thinking the same thing last night when I put the front cover on the other thread.

Time-consuming but easy to do.

:clap2: :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
**GOOD IDEA ALERT**

How about making a audio CD, just need somebody like Atilla and/or Harty etc, to narrate, could make a packet, or get as many of the contributors to say their bits.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If they do a reprint, can i also suggest that they had an extra few chapters to bring it up to date?

StevieV

Aug 13, 2003
cardboard said:
The whole idea was to makes as many copies as Archer paid for the club.
They will not do a reprint and nor should they

1.Inform the hordes of new fans in depth about the history of the club

2.Make money

Seem like good enough reasons to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
cardboard said:

I take it from your viewpoint, that you have a copy. You are the sort of selfish bastard who is probably very likely to jump in front of a train, causing some of my friends to be a couple of minutes late home, thus missing the first half of Home and Away. :angry:

Oh oh! No one has said it yet, no one has said it yet!

IF YOU WERE A REAL FAN YOU WOULD OWN A COPY ALREADY.

*sits back and basks in the glow of superfan superiority*

D

Deleted User X18H

cardboard said:
That my friend was 'MORE THAN NINETY MINUTES'

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
hans kraay fan club said:
I take it from your viewpoint, that you have a copy. You are the sort of selfish bastard who is probably very likely to jump in front of a train, causing some of my friends to be a couple of minutes late home, thus missing the first half of Home and Away. :angry:

I do have a copy and personally do not care if they print 10 million more.

But as i said the whole idea was to keep the print run limited to the amount it cost BA paid for the club

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
cardboard said:

That was not build a bonfire that was the other one which I cannot remember the name of at the moment, the one with all the photos in

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There is a legion of fans who for one reason or another do not own a copy of Build a Bonfire. That fact is irrelevant.

What IS relevant however, is that the book represents a highly-emotional, from the heart, account of two years of suffering, heartache and sheer determination which ultimately led to our club being rescued from oblivion.

It is a must-read, not only for Albion fans, but for any supporter of any club.

I have read it probably 6 times and NEVER fail to be moved to tears of frustration, anger and ultimately pride.

People like Archer and Belotti should never be allowed near Football Clubs. Read Build a Bonfire and you will know why.

If we're allowed to do it, I would be happy to take responsibility for scanning a chapter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hiney said:
There is a legion of fans who for one reason or another do not own a copy of Build a Bonfire. That fact is irrelevant.

What IS relevant however, is that the book represents a highly-emotional, from the heart, account of two years of suffering, heartache and sheer determination which ultimately led to our club being rescued from oblivion.

It is a must-read, not only for Albion fans, but for any supporter of any club.

I have read it probably 6 times and NEVER fail to be moved to tears of frustration, anger and ultimately pride.

People like Archer and Belotti should never be allowed near Football Clubs. Read Build a Bonfire and you will know why.

If we're allowed to do it, I would be happy to take responsibility for scanning a chapter.

Very decent of you Hiney. Failing that, you couldn't pop over to Chandlers Ford and lend me it could you?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gazwag said:
**GOOD IDEA ALERT**

How about making a audio CD, just need somebody like Atilla and/or Harty etc, to narrate, could make a packet, or get as many of the contributors to say their bits.

It is a GOOD IDEA. So much so, that a narration idea has already been discussed by myself and some others...

Oh, just watch this space, and wait and see. :)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The Large One said:
It is a GOOD IDEA. So much so, that a narration idea has already been discussed by myself and some others...

Oh, just watch this space, and wait and see. :)

I agree that this is a good idea, but a copy in my hand to would be better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here