Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United for Portsmouth (Swindon v BHFC)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Now here's a tough one.

Anyone who reads any Pompey related threads on here will know that I have been railing against their wilful mismanagement for the last four years since it became apparent that their "achievements" had been and continued to be based on monumental fraud.

As a result I am extraordinarily wary of the possible link-up being promoted by the current administrator between Balram Chanrai and the Supporters Trust. However, with careful management there is just half a chance that the Supporters Trust, if they were able to take over the running of the club, could restore some pride and a right to respect that is currently absent.

There is a long way to go before next Tuesday and there is still a chance that Portsmouth wont be able to put outa side in the COC against Plymouth. It is also still odds-on that Chanrai will be sole owner by then and will continue to bleed the club dry.

However, Plymouth are recognising the support they have had in their troubles by declaring their COC match on Tuesday as a Fans United game.

We are on SKY tv on that night at Swindon so do we join in the spirit of Fans United and try to arrange a chant between ourselves and Swindon fans to show support NOT for Portsmouth Football Club but for the Supporters Trust who represent fans like us? Despite my misgivings and my dislike of Pompey I can't help but feel we owe fans of any club that supported us at least that much.

I'm not the person to organise it although if someone does I will happily join in and if someone has an idea for a chant which both sets of fans could join in at the start of each half (bound to be picked up on the tv coverage) I would happily contact Swindon fans and ask them to join in.

Anyone out there with a good line in chants (piss taking ones apart) and able to take a vocal lead in getting it started on the open terrace?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pay up Pompey...... ???

The Portsmouth fans being arrogant in how they are now saying they will instantly go back up shows they havent changed, all the abuse against us on their forums before/after (cant remember when) our home game against them last season means i wont be supporting their fans, who havent really done anything, even though they have been in administration THREE times.

Good luck to Plymouth sorting it though - i still have a lot of time for them, just not Pompey.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Maybe if a single Portsmouth fan came on here and put their case across, asked for help or even showed the slightest bit of contrition I might consider this, but as they don't even seem to care about their own club enough to do anything about it why should I?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pay up Pompey...... ???

The Portsmouth fans being arrogant in how they are now saying they will instantly go back up shows they havent changed, all the abuse against us on their forums before/after (cant remember when) our home game against them last season means i wont be supporting their fans, who havent really done anything, even though they have been in administration THREE times.

Good luck to Plymouth sorting it though - i still have a lot of time for them, just not Pompey.

couldn't really put it better Hawk which is why I said "a tough one" but after the support we had when we were in the deepest doo doo, it's tough to just walk away without recognising the small chance they have of earning some respect from fellow fans. Not as good as liquidation and a newco in my view but Supporters Trusts, properly run, can put club ownership where it safely belongs. It's also why I couldn't in all honesty take a lead - given the many comments I have made and will doubtless continue to make that would be absolutely taking the piss :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pompey fans were a bunch of utter TWUNTS at the Amex, spewing their homophobic bile and glorifying in their teams ill-gotten silverware, along with the "you've never won f***-all" chants. I'm also reminded of the raptuous ovation they gave Benjani as he was paraded on the pitch at Fratton before kickoff against us a year ago, shortly after signing yet another meaty contract there just after they'd exited administration.

Disgusting club. Arrogant, blinkered fans. Frankly, they can POKE it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would join a fans united day that advocated they get f***ing liquidated and have to start all over again and their so called "loyal fans" can flock to watch them in the Hampshire and District league....if they get let in.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Tend to think the majority of Swindon fans wont give a toss either, warned them about Andronikou and they basically laughed at us. Plus when we were about to go to the wall we didnt get a f***ing peep of support from them or their trust.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Pompey fans were a bunch of utter TWUNTS at the Amex, spewing their homophobic bile and glorifying in their teams ill-gotten silverware, along with the "you've never won f***-all" chants. I'm also reminded of the raptuous ovation they gave Benjani as he was paraded on the pitch at Fratton before kickoff against us a year ago, shortly after signing yet another meaty contract there just after they'd exited administration.

This

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The likes of Wimbledon, Plymouth, Bury etc, I supported their cause. However.....

2524987-994378-hand-bursting-through-white-card-giving-middle-finger-insult.jpg

To Pompey.

Dec 29, 2011

Ditto

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I was a Pompey fan I'd be praying for liquidation and a totally fresh start away from the current bunch of scheisters and leeches ripping the club apart.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone who thinks that fighting to help save the current Portsmouth FC, is fighting to stop 'football being defeated' is utterly deluded.

You may recall it's the chant adopted at the original Fans United, as a gesture of solidarity between fans. At that time our own 'owners' were equally as henious as the people who have driven Portsmouth to this situation. We wanted people to support our campaign to save our club, if there are any Pompey fans who want to save thier club in some form or another, then the chant stands up surely?

Edit: Not supporting the current Porstmouth FC, but whatever the fans can do to stop the current owners reeking further carnage can be supported, if the supporters trust buys them out, then they will have to prove themselves, but that's a whole nuther matter)

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Personally I find it extremely sad that people on here have such simplistic views about Pompey fans ('they're all blinkered, arrogant etc.').

Of course some of them are idiots, but anyone who slates an entire club's fans with sweeping generalisations, then uses that as an excuse not to support them, is quite frankly a simpleton.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should blindly support the Pompey Supporters Trust with no regard for where the money's going, but I do think this negative caricature of their fans is a bit pathetic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You may recall it's the chant adopted at the original Fans United, as a gesture of solidarity between fans. At that time our own 'owners' were equally as henious as the people who have driven Portsmouth to this situation. We wanted people to support our campaign to save our club, if there are any Pompey fans who want to save thier club in some form or another, then the chant stands up surely?

Edit: Not supporting the current Porstmouth FC, but whatever the fans can do to stop the current owners reeking further carnage can be supported, if the supporters trust buys them out, then they will have to prove themselves, but that's a whole nuther matter)

I recall the chant was 'Fans United, will never be defeated...'

However...

Supporting the fans do something has some merit. Of course it does.

But what exactly are they trying to do at present? Borrow some money they probably can't repay in order to resurrect a rotting carcass? I would probably support a viable, fair and open fan-led Phoenix club, and would consider attending a Fans United match to help see it happen. But this current plan (and I use the word 'plan' in its loosest context) has so little going for it, and so little chance of working out well.

Of course, if they came and asked us, putting their case and making a valid set of points for their continued battle, I would be very keen to hear it. But at present, the silence is awful.

Contentious I know, but I feel that supporting the demise of the current Portsmouth FC is not a spiteful act. I actually think it's the kindest thing to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here