Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United for Portsmouth (Swindon v BHFC)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If Palace found themselves in financial difficulty i would support a fans united for them tomorrow,the cnuts from pompey can however fcuk off and i am sure the small local companies in that area will back me up

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
And we didn't in the 80s? I'm not saying that Pompey should get away with it but I do feel that some of their fans who have formed a Supporters trust should be encouraged to fight for their club. If Langley wants to donate money to that, good luck to him.

Our debt levels were no where near what this lot have done. £3-6m v £150m and three admins.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would support it on the basis the COC game is at Home Park , we aided Plymouth last season and they see fit to hold a Fans United with a bucket collection and a donation from their FansFest. Even though I want to see the current Pompey put out of it's misery and reborn as a phoenix club there are still decent Portsmouth fans out there somewhere. If Palace end up a few weeks away from liquidation I would like to think that Albion fans would be organising a Fans United as a last resort trying to stop their demise.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I nearly lost my home in the 90`s recetion because i could not pay my tax bill,how the fcuk are the scum getting away with this

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What a load of crap from some of you tossers, read the post correctly and reply to it. A lot of you are filled with HATE, and I feel sorry for you in that you do not have the intelligence to post a constructive reply, if brains were s--t you'd be constipated. Get a life,

The hate, and what there is of it, doesn't come from the fact it's Portsmouth; a 'local rival' - that would be insulting to believe that is people's guiding consideration. The hate is from the despicable way Portsmouth FC have run their affairs, in the same way there was hatred in the way BHA was run in the mid-1990s.

The apathy is - and that is what I feel you're rounding on - is from the fact that the Portsmouth fans' lack of efforts in saving the club themselves. All that was needed from them was an SOS. It never came.

It is of course your right to state your financial support for PST, and I feel it unreasonable to question your motives. But intelligent - not stupid - people are raising concerns for your welfare in feeling that the £50 you have donated is a wasted effort. I don't think I've met you, but if I were your friend, I would feel it not unreasonable to query your thinking in this - for reasons I gave earlier.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And we didn't in the 80s? I'm not saying that Pompey should get away with it but I do feel that some of their fans who have formed a Supporters trust should be encouraged to fight for their club. If Langley wants to donate money to that, good luck to him.

Absolutely, and see my post above.

What have PST done to - as you put it - encourage us to fight for their club?

The similarities are the fact that the two clubs were run appallingly - almost into the ground. The difference is, we identified the problems as soon as they became apparent, fought to wrestle control and ask for assistance. Even with the most generous of considerations, Portsmouth have fans have done no such thing - even denying a problem for a long time - until the last few weeks.

I'm afraid your comparisons don't really stand up.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
The hate, and what there is of it, doesn't come from the fact it's Portsmouth; a 'local rival' - that would be insulting to believe that is people's guiding consideration. The hate is from the despicable way Portsmouth FC have run their affairs, in the same way there was hatred in the way BHA was run in the mid-1990s.

The apathy is - and that is what I feel you're rounding on - is from the fact that the Portsmouth fans' lack of efforts in saving the club themselves. All that was needed from them was an SOS. It never came.

It is of course your right to state your financial support for PST, and I feel it unreasonable to question your motives. But intelligent - not stupid - people are raising concerns for your welfare in feeling that the £50 you have donated is a wasted effort. I don't think I've met you, but if I were your friend, I would feel it not unreasonable to query your thinking in this - for reasons I gave earlier.

With regards to your 1st sentence, if you read all the specific threads, I think you will find that hate is directed at both the Club & Supporters. Hate is also aimed at other clubs, Palace and Leeds for eg, it's a very nasty term, only applicable to the likes of the Archers & Bellotis of this world.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I recall the chant was 'Fans United, will never be defeated...'

However...

Supporting the fans do something has some merit. Of course it does.

But what exactly are they trying to do at present? Borrow some money they probably can't repay in order to resurrect a rotting carcass? I would probably support a viable, fair and open fan-led Phoenix club, and would consider attending a Fans United match to help see it happen. But this current plan (and I use the word 'plan' in its loosest context) has so little going for it, and so little chance of working out well.

Of course, if they came and asked us, putting their case and making a valid set of points for their continued battle, I would be very keen to hear it. But at present, the silence is awful.

Contentious I know, but I feel that supporting the demise of the current Portsmouth FC is not a spiteful act. I actually think it's the kindest thing to do.

100% this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Absolutely, and see my post above.

What have PST done to - as you put it - encourage us to fight for their club?

The similarities are the fact that the two clubs were run appallingly - almost into the ground. The difference is, we identified the problems as soon as they became apparent, fought to wrestle control and ask for assistance. Even with the most generous of considerations, Portsmouth have fans have done no such thing - even denying a problem for a long time - until the last few weeks.

I'm afraid your comparisons don't really stand up.

A reasonable question might be whether, albeit massively belatedly, the Supporters Trust ARE doing what we did and trying to wrest control away from Chanrai?

I have a worry after reading their most recent pronouncements that they see the only way of doing that as being to get into bed with Chanrai in the hope that at some point in the future he might get out and leave it to them. I think that is naive in the extreme and simply pissing more fans' taxpayers' and local businesses' money up the wall. If that happens I have to say that I would not piss on them if they were on fire (although I would helpp to light the flames). If PST take over cleanly however to run their club as a sustainable business, then I would cheer them on.

My personal problem is that everything I see from PST seems to be a utopian dream with little foundation in professionalism or reality whilst all I see from the club as it stands (the administrator and the football manager) is a cynical abuse of fans' trust which will inevitably preface another bout of overspending. Even if they succeed in buying their way to promotion (which appears to be Appleton's ambition) and survive financially because of raised revenue (unlikely?) is that morally acceptabe given their history? I think not which is why all-in-all I favour liquidation. Liquidation isn't going to happen though. What is most likely is that PST will find themselves being used by Chanrai as a cloak of respectability while he bleeds the club drier than a witches' tit.

Why do I think that a Fans United rallying call is acceptable then? Well it is basically because the PST is actually acting positively on the fans' and the club's behalf even if its efforts are possibly naive and doomed to fail. It is their final chance to do something right before the courts do the ultimately right thing for them and end their disgrace by putting them out of their misery. It's not hatred but disgust that motivates me to rail against Portsmouth Football Club but I would like to think that I retain the compassion to support the fans who are doing what we did in trying to salvage something from the wreckage - (some) Portsmouth fans, just like (some of) the Palace fans we love to hate DID support us for the original Fans United. It seems (to me) wrong to turn our backs entirely now.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
With regards to your 1st sentence, if you read all the specific threads, I think you will find that hate is directed at both the Club & Supporters. Hate is also aimed at other clubs, Palace and Leeds for eg, it's a very nasty term, only applicable to the likes of the Archers & Bellotis of this world.

I think you mentioned earlier in this thread that some of us, "should have gone to Specsavers". However I think if you read the majority of the replies to your posts you will see that we think its you who are being shortsighted. Let me try and spell it out to you again.

No I personaly dont hate, ( in the traditional manner), Portsmouth or any other club. What I dislike intensly are clubs who after getting themselves in financial trouble on multiple occasions and who still believe they have a god given right to carry on as if nothing had happened. I dislike intensly fans who give us the 'Billy Big Bollocks' attitude when what they should be doing is questioning how a club such as theirs, with minimal gates, can sustain players approaching £50,000 pw with add ons. I dislike fans who, with their club in deep shit, are already drooling at the prospect of winning the league and getting their rightful (?) place back in the Prem. Where were the 'best supporters in the land' when the club was being passed around between owners, usualy shadier than the ones before.

What I won't do is give any financial support to this or any other club when there is a considerable danger that it will only go to perpetuate the whole stinking, rotten financial mess. The problem with giving money to the PST at the moment is that, until things get clearer, there is a distinct possiblity it will end up in the pocket of the Chanrai, either directly or even in a joint partnership with the Trust.

Oh and by the way, our circumstances and Portsmouth were completly different, not only in the amounts involved, but in the whole circumstances. This club was saved by supporters who got off their back side and sorted it over many years. The PST while worthy, is far too little, too late and looks unlikely to be able to take over or influence things in the foreseeable future.

However what I will do, should the PST take over completely and run the club in a sustainable way and as a real Community Club, match your donation. However to do so now would be foolhardy in my opinion. I am sure your heart is in the right place, but I think your reasoning is somewhere else, sorry. :down:

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Hi Milk o man, Have I got your name right ? The going to Specsavers referred to reading what is written, not misconstruing it like I have
your pseudonym. At least your post is about the article, and I accept that there are a couple of constructive points. When Sir D K appealed for funds, my son and I sent £500 to the club, we hadn,t a clue where the money was going, and as such have no regrets about this as we were rescued in the end ( and not by this donation ). As I hope Pompey will be and hopefully in time look forward to seeing your donation as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What a load of crap from some of you tossers, read the post correctly and reply to it. A lot of you are filled with HATE, and I feel sorry for you in that you do not have the intelligence to post a constructive reply, if brains were s--t you'd be constipated. Get a life,

That'll add support to your cause. No wonder nearly everybody is choosing to let you get on with it.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hi Milk o man, Have I got your name right ? The going to Specsavers referred to reading what is written, not misconstruing it like I have
your pseudonym. At least your post is about the article, and I accept that there are a couple of constructive points. When Sir D K appealed for funds, my son and I sent £500 to the club, we hadn,t a clue where the money was going, and as such have no regrets about this as we were rescued in the end ( and not by this donation ). As I hope Pompey will be and hopefully in time look forward to seeing your donation as well.

There is a big difference between giving financial support to a team you support and a team you feel sorry for. Like Mile Oak Man said the circumstances were very different. We knew that Dick Knight was looking to buy the club outright. We knew we would have no ground but at least own the club. PST at the moment do not know anything. They are not even the preferred option for the administrator.

IF and it is a BIG if, they do manage to get control of the club, on their own and start to run it like the League 1 side they are instead of the Premiership wannabes they think they are, then I will start to think about offering support to them. I wish them all the best, I would not want to see any fan lose their club but until the club is being run by people who understand business and accept the fact that they are not going to be a premiership team anytime soon if ever, the only way they are going is liquidation.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The fact that no other clubs are interested in this Pompey saga should tell you something,you crack on pal if it makes you feel better,but to get any charity from any club will be an uphill task.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here