Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United for Portsmouth (Swindon v BHFC)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I recall the chant was 'Fans United, will never be defeated...'

However...

Supporting the fans do something has some merit. Of course it does.

But what exactly are they trying to do at present? Borrow some money they probably can't repay in order to resurrect a rotting carcass? I would probably support a viable, fair and open fan-led Phoenix club, and would consider attending a Fans United match to help see it happen. But this current plan (and I use the word 'plan' in its loosest context) has so little going for it, and so little chance of working out well.

Of course, if they came and asked us, putting their case and making a valid set of points for their continued battle, I would be very keen to hear it. But at present, the silence is awful.

Contentious I know, but I feel that supporting the demise of the current Portsmouth FC is not a spiteful act. I actually think it's the kindest thing to do.

I honestly thought the chant was 'Football, United, Will never be defeated'. Agree with the points about the current administration of the club, they can f*** right off, but if the fans have a solution, to keep the club in existance, then I would support it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Now here's a tough one.

Anyone who reads any Pompey related threads on here will know that I have been railing against their wilful mismanagement for the last four years since it became apparent that their "achievements" had been and continued to be based on monumental fraud.

As a result I am extraordinarily wary of the possible link-up being promoted by the current administrator between Balram Chanrai and the Supporters Trust. However, with careful management there is just half a chance that the Supporters Trust, if they were able to take over the running of the club, could restore some pride and a right to respect that is currently absent.

There is a long way to go before next Tuesday and there is still a chance that Portsmouth wont be able to put outa side in the COC against Plymouth. It is also still odds-on that Chanrai will be sole owner by then and will continue to bleed the club dry.

However, Plymouth are recognising the support they have had in their troubles by declaring their COC match on Tuesday as a Fans United game.

We are on SKY tv on that night at Swindon so do we join in the spirit of Fans United and try to arrange a chant between ourselves and Swindon fans to show support NOT for Portsmouth Football Club but for the Supporters Trust who represent fans like us? Despite my misgivings and my dislike of Pompey I can't help but feel we owe fans of any club that supported us at least that much.

I'm not the person to organise it although if someone does I will happily join in and if someone has an idea for a chant which both sets of fans could join in at the start of each half (bound to be picked up on the tv coverage) I would happily contact Swindon fans and ask them to join in.

Anyone out there with a good line in chants (piss taking ones apart) and able to take a vocal lead in getting it started on the open terrace?
You have a few screws loose and it's not your fight for starters,they don't deserve a pompey day so please take this elsewhere as most are not interested.It annoys me immensely that you feel the need to look big by trying to help these pricks.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
You have a few screws loose and it's not your fight for starters,they don't deserve a pompey day so please take this elsewhere as most are not interested.It annoys me immensely that you feel the need to look big by trying to help these pricks.

What a small-minded and bitter response to a perfectly reasonable and nuanced post.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I recall the chant was 'Fans United, will never be defeated...'

However...

Supporting the fans do something has some merit. Of course it does.

But what exactly are they trying to do at present? Borrow some money they probably can't repay in order to resurrect a rotting carcass? I would probably support a viable, fair and open fan-led Phoenix club, and would consider attending a Fans United match to help see it happen. But this current plan (and I use the word 'plan' in its loosest context) has so little going for it, and so little chance of working out well.

Of course, if they came and asked us, putting their case and making a valid set of points for their continued battle, I would be very keen to hear it. But at present, the silence is awful.

Contentious I know, but I feel that supporting the demise of the current Portsmouth FC is not a spiteful act. I actually think it's the kindest thing to do.

Is the correct answer.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The likes of Wimbledon, Plymouth, Bury etc, I supported their cause. However.....

2524987-994378-hand-bursting-through-white-card-giving-middle-finger-insult.jpg

To Pompey.

sums it up for me !

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
What a load of crap from some of you tossers, read the post correctly and reply to it. A lot of you are filled with HATE, and I feel sorry for you in that you do not have the intelligence to post a constructive reply, if brains were s--t you'd be constipated. Get a life,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of the comments on this thread are the equivalent of people saying to Brighton fans, 'Why did you sell your ground?'

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Some of the comments on this thread are the equivalent of people saying to Brighton fans, 'Why did you sell your ground?'

No the problem is they have massively overspent for the last 12 years.

Can you prove that the previous owners have actually taken money out of the club.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Like others have said, if the Portsmouth fans had come on here, asking us with reasons etc, then it may be a goer, but at the moment it seems to be other clubs that are trying to organize something.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No the problem is they have massively overspent for the last 12 years.

And we didn't in the 80s? I'm not saying that Pompey should get away with it but I do feel that some of their fans who have formed a Supporters trust should be encouraged to fight for their club. If Langley wants to donate money to that, good luck to him.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
And we didn't in the 80s? I'm not saying that Pompey should get away with it but I do feel that some of their fans who have formed a Supporters trust should be encouraged to fight for their club. If Langley wants to donate money to that, good luck to him.

I'm sorry but I am getting exceedingly pissed off by some of the rightous clap trap from some of you Pompey appologists. You really don't see why they should be liquidated do you? I wish you would step back for a minute and realise that by giving money to the club and its crooks your just going to encourage them to continue the practices that got them in this mess in the first place.

As I said people can give their money to whom they like, (although personaly 'Gay dogs against the bomb' would be a much more worthwhile organisation to send your contributions), but as I see it all that will do is to either contribute to the pocket of Chandri and his crew helping towards reclaiming his alleged £18m, or go towards perpetuating the the myth that its ok to overspend as some mugs, (usualy HMRC, local businesses and charities) will bail them out in the end.

Don't believe me. Then have a look at a sample of the quotes on the various Pompey message boards. There already talking about signing 'quality' players next week, how a 10 points deduction will soon be made up, how the division will be so easy to win and even, I kid you not, that the Prem is just 2 or 3 seasons away.

The majority of sensible Pompey fans, (yes there are some), actualy want liquidation so that they can at last see an end to the disgraceful way the club has been run for decades. Start again with a clean slate, run by the Portsmouth Trust or similar, and work your way up through the leagues and then then they will gain my respect and support along with many others.

Contribute or support them at the moment then nothing will change and we will be back again in a year or two going through the whole sorry mess once again.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You will find our overspending was bloody peanuts pal and most clubs have debts that are manageable.How can you compare this to 150 million????The worst nail in the coffin was signing players on 20k a week and saying they could afford it.

Beyond belief

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Now here's a tough one.

Anyone who reads any Pompey related threads on here will know that I have been railing against their wilful mismanagement for the last four years since it became apparent that their "achievements" had been and continued to be based on monumental fraud.

As a result I am extraordinarily wary of the possible link-up being promoted by the current administrator between Balram Chanrai and the Supporters Trust. However, with careful management there is just half a chance that the Supporters Trust, if they were able to take over the running of the club, could restore some pride and a right to respect that is currently absent.

There is a long way to go before next Tuesday and there is still a chance that Portsmouth wont be able to put outa side in the COC against Plymouth. It is also still odds-on that Chanrai will be sole owner by then and will continue to bleed the club dry.

However, Plymouth are recognising the support they have had in their troubles by declaring their COC match on Tuesday as a Fans United game.

We are on SKY tv on that night at Swindon so do we join in the spirit of Fans United and try to arrange a chant between ourselves and Swindon fans to show support NOT for Portsmouth Football Club but for the Supporters Trust who represent fans like us? Despite my misgivings and my dislike of Pompey I can't help but feel we owe fans of any club that supported us at least that much.

I'm not the person to organise it although if someone does I will happily join in and if someone has an idea for a chant which both sets of fans could join in at the start of each half (bound to be picked up on the tv coverage) I would happily contact Swindon fans and ask them to join in.

Anyone out there with a good line in chants (piss taking ones apart) and able to take a vocal lead in getting it started on the open terrace?

No fcuk em

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You will find our overspending was bloody peanuts pal and most clubs have debts that are manageable.How can you compare this to 150 million????The worst nail in the coffin was signing players on 20k a week and saying they could afford it.

Beyond belief

And recently signing a player for 5 grand a week, the scum will never learn thay are lower than Palace in my book

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I'm sorry but I am getting exceedingly pissed off by some of the rightous clap trap from some of you Pompey appologists. You really don't see why they should be liquidated do you? I wish you would step back for a minute and realise that by giving money to the club and its crooks your just going to encourage them to continue the practices that got them in this mess in the first place.

As I said people can give their money to whom they like, (although personaly 'Gay dogs against the bomb' would be a much more worthwhile organisation to send your contributions), but as I see it all that will do is to either contribute to the pocket of Chandri and his crew helping towards reclaiming his alleged £18m, or go towards perpetuating the the myth that its ok to overspend as some mugs, (usualy HMRC, local businesses and charities) will bail them out in the end.

Don't believe me. Then have a look at a sample of the quotes on the various Pompey message boards. There already talking about signing 'quality' players next week, how a 10 points deduction will soon be made up, how the division will be so easy to win and even, I kid you not, that the Prem is just 2 or 3 seasons away.

The majority of sensible Pompey fans, (yes there are some), actualy want liquidation so that they can at last see an end to the disgraceful way the club has been run for decades. Start again with a clean slate, run by the Portsmouth Trust or similar, and work your way up through the leagues and then then they will gain my respect and support along with many others.

Contribute or support them at the moment then nothing will change and we will be back again in a year or two going through the whole sorry mess once again.

There are two different issues here. One is what the right course of action for Pompey is for the future, and I don't think many of us disagree on that. But the second issue is the sweeping characterisation of all Pompey fans as worthless arrogant twats who deserve no support from us, and personally I find that attitude very sad, especially from supporters of the Albion who should know better.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I find it extremely sad that people on here have such simplistic views about Pompey fans ('they're all blinkered, arrogant etc.').

Of course some of them are idiots, but anyone who slates an entire club's fans with sweeping generalisations, then uses that as an excuse not to support them, is quite frankly a simpleton.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should blindly support the Pompey Supporters Trust with no regard for where the money's going, but I do think this negative caricature of their fans is a bit pathetic.

Not ALL Pompey fans are dickheads obviously. But my abiding impression of them, having been to Fratton and the Amex for both fixtures last season, as well as seen their remarks on their messageboards and The News website, is that a substantial section of them are complete and utter f***ing TOOLS.

If I'm a "simpleton" for wishing that their tax-dodging, cancer charity-stealing, local-busines-thieving cheating club goes to the wall then so be it. That club is a disgrace and an abomination -the fans there need to acknowledge that fact and accept they have no right to operate as a FL club any longer. Yet all you'll hear from the majority is how they can try to worm their way out of the richly deserved addtional points deduction and who they can sign to get them back out of L1.

f*** em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here